Dry Suit or Tanks

Next Big Purchase should be

• Tanks

Votes: 12 10.7%
  • Dry Suit

Votes: 100 89.3%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

uspap:
Clay Jar
Talk about blather. What is your point? Would you rather have more air or less? I'll trade you my 80's for a 120 just tell me where to send them. I'm serious. I have 2 80's I'll trade for a 120. I am curious as to your logic. Do you really prefer an 80 to a 120?

You know, if you have decent air consumption and you're diving ~60 feet or over, an 80 will take you right up to the NDL and even past it at deeper depths.

And to be frankly honest, there are plenty of dives that I just plain get bored with before I run out of air when I'm on the 80. These are often the dives that are shallower than 60 feet where I am not NDL limited.

Calling an AL80 "useless" is just ignorant, considering that probably 95% of all dives are made on one. :confused:

Crazy fingers I already retracted that statement. Did you not read all of the posts? For the diving I do an 80 is useless to me. I should have been more clear.

Crazy Fingers:
... you are paying for convenience. All of you renters have no idea how convenient it is to own your own tanks. Once you own everything, you don't need a dive shop to go diving. Just load up your crap and go. If the weather turns crappy, then you can cancel without wasting a rental. If you get a wild hair andwant to go diving at 3AM on a Sunday morning, then just go. Actually, I hate diving with friends who don't own their tanks because it's such a PITA to get to an open dive shop sometimes.

Once you own, the only time you need a dive shop is to get a fill once your tank is empty. And you have all week to deal with that...

That is what I was thinking when I bought my cylinder before I bought my drysuit, and now my cylinder sits in my shed, filled but rarely used, while I try to get the money together to get a drysuit because it's no fun if I'm cold.

Last dive I did, water temp was about 45F, air temp was about 25F. The dive was OK, even though I started to get a little chilly toward the end. But wrestling out of that soaked wetsuit was a real drag.

It was, however, convenient to be able to go on the dive on short notice, and take the cylinder back to the shop to be refilled whenever I got around to it. And the price I paid for the cylinder was only about 1/10 of what I'll probably pay for a drysuit.

I know what you mean by Dry suit or tanks, which one first?? I just ordered both a made to fit DUI CLZ450 Singature Series with the Thinsulate 200 and socks, and a few extras ($3100) and I also ordered two LP Steel 95 with pro valve ($250 each). all totaled with tax was just over $3700. I also ordered an APEKS ATX50 oct. SO yes I am crying noe but will be very very happy in a few weeks when it all comes in and I get to start diving it all. For me it was just a matter of working some overtime which my bosses are allways happy to have me do. I currently work between 84 to 110 hours a week as is so a few extra 12 hour shift add up quick for me. But good luck and I think you will be happier with the dry suit first, like most say you can always rent a tank.

Get the dry suit that will last a lifetime for you and do not be cheep about it, it will all pay off in the end!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom