Dry Suit Undergarments ? What can you wear?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank all of you for the input. I just returned back from my trip. We did about 15 dives in Peacock and a few dives in Ginnie. I found out that I only needed to wear some insulation garments that I hunt in. I would think that if I were in a decompression state of 45 minutes or so, maybe a little more would be needed.

Thanks to all. I am new with this post so I will update my profile as soon as I figure it out. Thanks for all the input.

cojoe:
I was certified last year and just purchased my first Dry Suit.

Cart Horse.

How can you get a properly fit suit if you don't have the under garnments you indend to wear already?

My advise to people buying there first dry suit, a little late for you, is spend the $$ on some good undies FIRST. They undies are what do stuff, the suit is just a bag of air, pockets and a zipper. Your bag of air is probably quite a bit over sized if you can get hunting clothes in it.

My sugestions for undies:
- A good fleece suit, like the software with lycra or polypro under it.
- A quality thinsulate such as the Diving Concepts strech suit.

I think your mis understanding the hunting clothes. I am saying I wore the insulations for the hunting clothes example ( thermo wear ), I also wore a thin fleece undergarments top and bottom that I bought for 20 dollars a piece.
I thought it was a good buy vs 150.00 dollars.

co

Bare makes an undersuit that is unbeleavable, it's called their "Extreme Comfort" underware. It's thin, light wieght, soft on the inside (micro fleece), smooth on the outside (makes it easy to get in and out of your dry suit, and helps with mobility while in your suit). It has all sorts of stretch to it, and will wick all moister away from you, so it meets all the needs of a good undersuit. Warmth, wicking, and mobility. It cost around $200.00 in Canada. I curently use it under a Bare XCD2 and it's perfect for this warmer weather we're having in B.C. these days.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom