Dry Suits

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

sambolino44:
Sorry to be boring but I thought I'd return to the original question of this thread. I dive in Puget Sound in a wetsuit, and the water temperature is certainly no warmer than 54F. I really want to get a drysuit as soon as I can, but for a few dives, especially if the air temperature is not very cold, I wouldn't worry about it. I started diving in Minnesota, and had several dives that were so cold it was not fun. In fact, that experience influenced me so much I lived here for five years before I tried diving in the Sound. Once I tried it, I was pleasantly surprised that 54F is not so cold that it makes for an unpleasant dive. To me, the main benefit of the drysuit is not so much in the water, especially for one dive, but how cold you get on the surface interval, and repeated long dives. But for a vacation trip, I'd think that the extra time, effort, and expense of getting into a drysuit wouldn't be worth it. Plus, once you try it, you'll be like me and have to sell a guitar so you can afford one.

Sell the guitar, it is worth it. I am just north of you in BC and going dry is worth the money. I have the pinnacle evolution shell dry suit, dry gloves to. Will not go back. I have also dove 7mm and neophrene dry suit but like this the best.

Back
Top Bottom