Drysuit boot

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Anyone try OTB boots? They have three flavors of a tactical boot as well as a tactical shoe. The soles have holes in them for water to drain out. OTB said the Abyss (shown below) would have a lower profile than the other boots.

OTB Boots

OTB Abyss Maritime Boot - Footwear - Dive Gear - Shop by Brand - Navy SEALs.com

1851_detail.jpg

Those look pretty good. Though a bit pricey. My feet tend to be a bit floaty, so I don't know that I'd like them that much, but they sure look like a solid option for a lot of diving.

Good find.

I use the Bare Trek boots and really like them. Good luck with whatever you choose.

That's a nice lookin boot. Looks kinda narrow, but other than that, would probably be perfect.

I have Bare Trek boots. I think they are OK, but not great. My gripe with them is not much arch, sole or ankle support. The sole, while having robust tread, is kinda flimsy. There is a brand of neoprene boot that uses the same sole (I can't remember the brand). There is some ankle support just in that there is material and laces that go up over the ankle, but nothing that would prevent me from rolling an ankle. So I wouldn't say do not buy, but I would say that if you want more support, then maybe look at other boots. Some of the hard sole neoprene books have a more supporting sole than my Treks. If you are primarily looking for knobby tread sole boots for gripping the mud, then the Treks will meet that need well. The Treks are plenty wide...I wear a 13 street show and the Trek 12s (XXXL) are pretty big on me, but I bought the 11s since they seemed to fit OK when the dry suit sock and hiking socks underneath at the time. Now they feel too small...I should have went with the XXXL/12s.

I saw a pair of the Whites. I didn't try them on but they look like a step up from the Trek in terms of support. The Whites are kinda costly...like $115 or so.

I cannot find a pair of size 14 Chuck Taylors in stores around here. I thought about ordering them online, but in comparing a 12 and a 13 in person it appeared that the larger size was just longer and not wider....and the 13s are a bit narrow for my dry sock and insulated booties.

Unfortunately I bought one size too small in the Treks and now am looking for another boot, but I don't like the thought of having to dish out $100 for a more robust shoe.

I found these online...they are fishing wading shoes...but again...$100:

sm-fsr2_zoom.jpg

# Puncture-resistant, heavy-duty urethane quarter panels
# Perforated neoprene lining provides cushioned support
# Tough rubber toe and heel stand up to abrasion
# Non-marking siped sole

Simms - The Choice of Professional Guides Worldwide

Simms Flats Sneaker (Free Shipping)

Thanks for the advise yo all...

Another question is, will boots with drilled hole on the sole be a better one as compared to non-hole one?

thx

Thanks for the advise yo all...

Another question is, will boots with drilled hole on the sole be a better one as compared to non-hole one?

thx

I think the ones with holes in the bottom are to benefit those who need to run for their life and shoot at people upon exiting the water....probably better to not have a bunch of water sloshing around in the boot in that case. My Treks get a little water left in them after I take them off...I just dump it over the rail of the boat.

just lace them up tight and they won't bug you if there's water in them.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom