Drysuit Knee pads ??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Jarviz

Registered
Reaction score
I was diving this weekend and got a small cut in my Mobby's tri-lam drysuit right at the knee from a Zebra Mussel. There is no extra protection in the Knee area on the suit and I was thinking that I could strap on some regular knee pads.
Has anyone tried this, if so what brand are you using :06:

You need to do a repair anyway, so glue some good heavy-duty fabric onto the suit to cover the entire knee area. Many brands of dry suit come with this as a feature, but they can also be bought after-market and attached with AquaSeal.

theskull

On my DUI suit, I have kevlar knee pads. I used to do alot of shore diving, so it made sense. Many of the drysuit manufacturers sell kevlar knee pads, or neoprene knee pads. Any shop that repairs drysuits should be able to help you with this. This is not the first Mobby's suit that I have heard of (or seen for that matter) with knee ripping issues. Seems like the suit is very thin and not very durable.

Hi guys,

Same situation with my dry suit. How did you glue the kneepads? 1 inch glue strip or you glue the entire knee pad area?

Can I glue the whole kneepad area using the kneepad also as a repair patch?

I'm looking forward to hearing from you.

---
Regards,
Nick

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom