Drysuit Neck Seal too tight....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

An alternative opinion to the good advice above but ,i had the same problem when i purchased my drysuit after two minutes of wearing my eyes and viens started to bulge and if felt bad.My LDS said trim it or stretch it.
I chose to stretch and if that did not work i would trim after.I put talc all over the seal and slipped (with effort) over the end of a 4 pint beer pitcher and left for 2 days.After that it was better but still a little tight so i repeated and left for 3 days and now it is spot on but how much give was needed to make ok i can not say.For me i was worried about taking to much off or after taking a little off and fitting ok it stretched.

Just my 2p

Regards,

MAL

PS The beer pitcher was empty:D

AzAtty once bubbled...
My suit didn't have rings on the neck to begin with, so I had to "trim blind." My solution was to get a ball or tube that was just barely larger than the seal and mark off lines about 1/8" apart after making the first big sizing cut. You'd be surprised how much of a difference in comfort the small increments will make. Good luck with your trimming.

I drew the lines in 1/16" increment and boy, the darn thing fits perfect. I'm gonna try it in the water this weekend to make sure it doesn't leak. Thanks guys...

:)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom