DSS and Scubatoys good, Leisurepro not-so-good - Customer Service Experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I recently ordered a BARE drysuit (including a few options) with Richard at divetank and within two weeks, 13 days to be exact, it was delivered...perhaps, it's luck of the draw.

I have had all good experiences with Scubatoys, Dive Rite Express, and Divers Supply. I have also used LP in the past but not in several years with these other 3 sources available. And you can order Dive Rite stuff from Scubatoys and get the Scubaboard discount (you won't get the SB discount at DRE!).

When you live in the boonies (like we have for most our married life), the internet is the most convenient source (as were LP, Performance Diver, and Divers Supply mail order catalogs before we joined the on-line community).

I just recieved my drysuit from Dive Tank (Bare). I had to get a custom fit. It took about 1 month to arrive. I was OK with the wait since I got a great deal on everything! Plus, it appears to fit perfectly. I'll try it out in about a week.

Never had a problem with LP. Bought tons of stuff. You're right about the lack of diver knowledge. But I seldom rely on the LDS for that either. They'll sell you what they stock or whatever makes them the most margin. Advice? I have buddies and the forum.

DSS is absolutely incredible. Service is waaay better than anyone else I have bought from in the Scuba world. Ditto for their products.

Scubatoys is excellent too. Never had an issue with anyone there. Highly knowledgable. Kudos to Larry. Only positive things.

The only place(s) with whom I have issues are my LDS(s). Both of them. Reasons as stated above. Been burned once too often.

Fortunately, Scubatoys is only about 30 minutes from me. The first time I ever met Larry I just walked in the store complaining that my car battery was dead. He left and went to a local store to buy one for me. When that store did not have a battery that fit my car, he went to another store to find one. He also bought a small tool set to help me put the battery in during a rain storm. Talk about customer service! Amazing! Since then, I have bought all my equipment for myself and son from scubatoys. The selection in unbelievable with over a 3 million dollar inventory. Where other local dive shops have an inventory of perhaps 30 wet suits, Larry has over a 1000 to choose from. There must be over 500 bcds to choose from. All of the employees are knowledgable. Scubatoys rocks!

I have bought from LeisurePro and have not had any problems. Their communication can be a bit bad if things are "out of stock", but a simple phone call cured the problem. They have always shipped promptly.

Have also done some small shopping with ScubaToys. They were great and incredibly fast. The pricing doesn't seem to be as good as LeisurePro, but the service and knowledge are top notch. I will definitely look at ScubaToys in the future as well.

mscrog:
Fortunately, Scubatoys is only about 30 minutes from me. The first time I ever met Larry I just walked in the store complaining that my car battery was dead. He left and went to a local store to buy one for me. When that store did not have a battery that fit my car, he went to another store to find one. He also bought a small tool set to help me put the battery in during a rain storm.

!!

-Brandon.

H20Bubbles:
Have also done some small shopping with ScubaToys. They were great and incredibly fast. The pricing doesn't seem to be as good as LeisurePro, but the service and knowledge are top notch. I will definitely look at ScubaToys in the future as well.

Larry will match LP's prices if you call. I've never seen anyone beat ScubaToys' customer service and I plan to do business with them for a LONG time. :D

SB discount? I wish I had known that when I ordered a couple of things from ScubaToys...lol....that's okay though, they were absolutely great (price, communication, and delivery) on both purchases an I'm happy to support them.

As they say in Ebay.....A++++++++++++++ :D

Back
Top Bottom