DSS and Scubatoys good, Leisurepro not-so-good - Customer Service Experiences

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Yeah I just ordered about $1500 worth of gear for me and my friend today at Scuba Toys with Larry. SB discount, awesome prices, Larry split the bill for my gear and my buddies gear, should be here in about 4-5 days all in one pkg sent to my place to save on shipping, my buddy can just pic his up from me. Went to the webcam while we were on the phone with him and he walked to the middle of the store and made a goofy face and pointed at himself, my friend and I just about fell off the couch laughing so hard. Oh and yes he looks like his pic of himself on the ST website. He actually had the pic of him on his site taken at Glamour Shots, LOL.

Divetank- 2orders 2items, I recently purchased an Suunto Cobra and a Bare XCD2 drysuit from Richard @Divetank. I have been completely satisfied with the deal. Great price, great to deal with.:D

I also have to give Larry and the boys at Scubatoys their props. I live about 3 hours from their store--I was desparate to put a complete package together for under $1000 --Larry got er done--and I got what I wanted. I don't know if it was a SB discount or not, but he included Texas sales tax and UPS shipping in the price. I ordered at 4:45 p.m. on a Thursday, and my stuff was on my doorstep at 3 p.m. Friday.

He was amazingly helpful on the phone, and he did everything he said he would. I'll never purchase equipment from anyone else--my LDS is for travel and training.

Yeah baby! Got my stuff today as well. Thier Brigade BC is BAD TO THE BONE!! We are planning a dive as soon as feasibly possible with our new gear. Hey blindref757, what gear did your get? My package consisted of a Brigade BC, Mares Proton Ice reg and Proton octo, and Tusa mini gauges with compass.

Thanks again Larry at ST's!

Ian

It is nice to buy directly from the manufacturer, particularly when they are as customer friendly as Tobin at DSS (www.deepseasupply.com). Great advice on gear selection. Clearly divers. Only pros here, no cons.

I bought from Phil at Divesports (www.divesports.com) and the experience was excellent. Clearly divers. Great advice. Only pros here, no cons.

I buy from LP because I sometimes go to NYC and visit their shop on 18th st to check the gear (was there yesterday to try their big collection of masks to see what fits) and because shipping is fast (1-2 days). Otherwise I only deal with them online and that is the pro. Cons: They are not divers, just very pushy but polite salesfolks who will try to upsell or sell you their cheap "clone" gear.

I just placed a big order with LP this morning and if I had known that Scubatoys matched LP prices I would have given them a try because of their good reputation and attitude here. Next time Larry. I wish Scubatoy's website had more products.

Note that I try to support my LDS, who is very nice and not too expensive but their selection is limited and they do not carry the brands I use. Sometimes they are also out of stock or don't have the right size so we have to order the stuff and wait to be called when it arrives. I check first with them whenI need something and I am patient and probably spend the most with them.

JL

LP!!! Yikes don't get me started on that.

The others I cannot comment on since getting things from the US is usually a hassle with all the duties, taxes and crap we have to endure - so what happened to NAFTA?

The time I dealt with Richard @ Divetank it was great, got the product on time, but the return/credit dept took a bit longer then necessary.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom