DSS Bungie Setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I just run them the way you do and tie a not in the bottom so it sits in the groove made for it. Basically like you have the one side done. I don't understand the adjustable portion. It is bungee, it should not need adjusting.

Got to love you guys in Florida with your 80* water and 80" vis...!!! :D

Gah! Now I need to redo my bungies on my DSS mounts! Thanks a lot. :wink: lol

Got to love you guys in Florida with your 80* water and 80" vis...!!! :D

:) Yep. I do dive in 68-72* water though in the caves. However, I don't need much under my drysuit. I dove once in 55 degree water and realized I REALLY hate the cold! LOL....

Thanks ttriton!

I just switched three DSS mounted items over to your method.
I HAD to do it after Lynne described it as elegant. :)

Thanks for posting that.

-Mitch

I just set up my bungee mount and ended up using cord locks on the top side. Pull one cord, slide the lock down, pull the other and do the same. I do cross the bungee under my arm. I tuck the extra under the bungee.

Sent from my DROID X2

What size bungie fits the DSS mounts? Also, am having a hard time locating cut to length bungie/shock cord too... My local home centers don't seem to carry it. Where should I be looking? Marine supply house?

Pirannah Diving carries it. I can't find it locally, so I include it with a Pirannah order.

REI camping stores carry many sizes and types.

It's 3/16. DSS sells it in 3 foot increments. I've found 1/8 and 1/4 at REI, but not that one.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom