DSS Bungie Setup?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Actually it is 5/32". And the DSS cord seems "stretchier" than the others I've found. I can get it over the rings on my drysuit and still have it be tight on my wrist. Holds up really well too.

What size bungie fits the DSS mounts? Also, am having a hard time locating cut to length bungie/shock cord too... My local home centers don't seem to carry it. Where should I be looking? Marine supply house?

Thanks all for the suggestions. West Marine had 3/16 bungie... 3 ft of it seemed to work fine. Now I just need to get wet with it.

Shock cord comes in handy for alot of things it seems. You can get it cheap on ebay, delivered to your door (I guess I'm lazy). I've used that seller. Good service.

Shock cord comes in handy for alot of things it seems. You can get it cheap on ebay, delivered to your door (I guess I'm lazy). I've used that seller. Good service.

I have a big ol' roll from them. It is larger (tight in the DSS mount holes), and not very elastic. Good for some things, but not for wrist mounts in my opinion.

I have a big ol' roll from them. It is larger (tight in the DSS mount holes), and not very elastic. Good for some things, but not for wrist mounts in my opinion.

Yep I got that larger roll too (were tight in the DSS mount). So I ordered the next smaller size and it worked well. Forgot which what sizes they both were though.:confused:

Was the smaller version stretchier/more elastic that the larger?

Was the smaller version stretchier/more elastic that the larger?

Just tested both (I have about 25ft more of each) and yes, it is much more elastic. I grabbed each one with each hand and let my knuckles touch. I then pulled my hands away and the smaller gauge stretched at least twice as much as the other, maybe even 3x.

Back
Top Bottom