DUI zip seals? or SiTech ring system?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Zip seals. I've used both and both are good. The advantage of the SiTech is that you can put on your suit and gear with bare hands then just pop tem on when ready. That said, I use zips for ease of popping on a new glove when one fails. It just comes down to $$$ and personal pref. Both are good choices.
Sent from my Windows Phone using Board Express

I have the zip gloves and been pretty happy with them, it does take a little getting use to. I am just not a fan of hard ring of the SI system, it seems to get get in the way when I check my valves.

I am just not a fan of hard ring of the SI system, it seems to get get in the way when I check my valves.
I actually call that feature a bonus! Since we wear such thick undergarments it takes away a lot of flexibility even in a Fusion drysuit. What I do is place the ring behind my head, then tip my head back and my hand lands nicely on the middle valve.

Done deal....ordered the si tech round wrist rings and the tight neck from DRIS. I ordered the dry adhesive tape to do the install on the rings. Has anyone tried the dry tape from DRIS? Any tips on the install?

Thanks again.

I would have gone the oval rings - I added a set to a fusion a few weeks ago and you couldnt even tell they were on when in the water!

Si Tech has glove rings to match which are due for release very soon. Visit their facebook page and go back in time on their wall for a couple of pics - they look good!

Mike stepped me through how to use the dry tape to mount the oval rings and it was an absolute no brainer - usual caveat of dont rush the job!

Broke a seal whilst on my last cave trip and swapping it took 5 mins - most of which was finding where I had stashed the spares!

Has anyone tried to adapt the Viking silicone wrist seal to a DUI zip seal ring ?
I currently have the DUI zip silicone wrist seals and they are rather thin and can and have punctured fairly easy I eas thinking of trying to remove the damaged silicone seal and re-glue a viking silicone seal to the zip seal ring and wanted to know if anyone has had any success doing this?

I would have gone the oval rings - I added a set to a fusion a few weeks ago and you couldnt even tell they were on when in the water!

Have they fixed the oval rings? They have a terrible reputation for being fussy and leaking.

Has anyone tried to adapt the Viking silicone wrist seal to a DUI zip seal ring ?
I currently have the DUI zip silicone wrist seals and they are rather thin and can and have punctured fairly easy I eas thinking of trying to remove the damaged silicone seal and re-glue a viking silicone seal to the zip seal ring and wanted to know if anyone has had any success doing this?

You can not "glue" silicone.

I guess it's too late now, but I went through this decision process a few months ago. I didn't like the bulk of the SiTech round rings, and I didn't like the lesser reliablity of the oval rings. I went with the Kubi rings and could not be happier. I'm a 6'1" tall man. In motorcycle gloves, I wear L or XL, depending on the brand. So, I have somewhat large hands, but not huge. With the Kubi rings, I went with the smallest size (80mm) and they are just big enough. Which means they are definitely lower profile than the SiTech round rings. And they work great. I like still having a wrist seal while also having a dry glove on.

I got my Kubi setup from DRiS and they were awesome to work with!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom