Dumb & Dumber

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

One of the people in our club is notorious for doing crazy/silly things.
He once forgot his fins on a night dive going after crays. He just kinda hopped along the bottom. They came back with a whole lotta crays too :p

EDIT: Another noteworthy achievement of the aformentioned diver is doing a dive in his drysuit thermals (no drysuit) after discovering his drysuit had a hole in it. Apparently he was "pretty cold" :p

As a new diver, I found it helpful to create a checklist of my gear and mark off items when loading up

Don't sweat it. As a restaurant manager by trade, I have learned to inventory EVERYTHING! I even go so far as to have created an "order guide" for when I go grocery shopping. How pitiful? Eh?

What I do is run through a checklist of everything that I'll need for the dive and double check it. So far, so good!

Let's see...

I once forgot both of my primary lights on a night dive (they were in the same box), fortunately a friend was able to lend me one. I've never actually forgotten something that has prevented me from diving.

TheYellowSubmarine:
EDIT: Another noteworthy achievement of the aformentioned diver is doing a dive in his drysuit thermals (no drysuit) after discovering his drysuit had a hole in it. Apparently he was "pretty cold" :p
I did the opposite one time when I forgot my thermals but had my dry suit. I wore 2 sweat shirts and blue jeans under my dry suit, added an extra 8# of weight, kept my dry suit a little over inflated, and stayed reasonably warm with the water at 55. I felt like the marshmallow man trying to move much though.

I try to always check the checklist now.

Last two dives I forgot my hat. Of course, my wife wants me to stop at the store on the way home, my hair sticking out wildly.

Got to the cash register. Forgot my wallet.

I think I am going to install a new seat in my car similar to the ones in fire trucks that has the slot for their SCBA packs. That way I can gear up at home, practice a few kicks laying on my belly in the garage, then just hop in the car all geared up. Of course I would remove my mask first. That would just be stupid!

Oh yeah, I forgot one (!) fin some time ago... But fortunately, we were a bigger group and somebody lent me his pair... another time, I forgot my gloves - so I went without them which was a bit freezing but not too bad... :wink:

This could happen to anyone...

Gaby

was in the fl key's & my c-card was in ohio, not a big problem with padi & the internet. my wife one time left her mask on land but on boat they have an extra. she ended up liking the other mask better.

mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom