Durable gloves

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I use a pair of AKONA kevlar gloves in the tropics ... I've had them for 12 years and they're still going strong.

I cant say whats tough but I can say the henderson hyperstretch gloves I had went to hell in 1 season and thats without doing any major underwater excavation.

They are comfortable but wimpy.

I use Deep Sea gloves, reinforced with kevlar. They are durable and warm, but god help you if you are wearing them when you try to blow your nose or something. Definitely textured!
Deep See: Part of the Aqua Lung Family of Brands

Buddy uses endurotech, same thing; warm and durable.
Endurotech Gloves

I need a pair of gloves that will hold up to hard use against rocks and rock surfaces. Sound off on some of your better pairs.

Thanks!
Brian

For water temps above 60 I use cheap orange fishing gloves. These are available at any bait shop for about $5 and last about 100 dives. Then I cut off the fingers.

Regular gloves then cheap work gloves from the hardware store over them.

I recommend the Harvey's Dino Hide and put a slight coating of Home Depot tool dip on the tips.

I have made 3 mm gloves last for over 3 years in some harsh conditions with tool dip. They would have lasted longer but my can of tool dip dried out after 3 years on the shelf. The gloves are still good with just a slight hole. Make sure you stuff the glove finger tips though as the dip shrinks after drying.

I was going to say, tool dip would be great. I actually used black windshield urethane on a pair of kevlar 3 mil gloves. The gloves had holes in the fingers so I took some nylon thread and wove a net where the holes were, not sewed them tight because that would have made the fingers too short. Next I wrapped a rounded dowel with masking tape and stuck it up in the fingers that were to be repaired, then I took the windshield urethane and paddled it on the finger tips about an 1/8" thick, then let it cure for 24 hours.I have been using the same pair gloves after the repair for two years now. Grabbing lobsters, urchins, scallops, rough objects, and not a bit of wear. Beautiful.

Alot of people here use what are called marigolds and a cheap polypropene glove liner, considering you are diving warm water you may be able to loose the liner. Basically marigolds are like dishwasher gloves but a bit more durable.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom