DVD Slide Show

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

This may have changed as I haven't done one for a while, but you used to have to change the dimensions when you created a slideshow in some programs for viewing on a PAL or NTSC set...a test run should determine this and you can always batch process them if it isn't quite right....

cdiver2:
I keep all photos as Tiff and only change to post to the web or e-mail. you are saying they should be Jpeg for a TV slide show?
Thanks
I'll second the ProShow recommendation. I got it last summer and have been happy with it.

It can build a slide show out of either TIFs of JPGs and probably some other formats but I only use TIFs and JPGs. It also takes care of resizing the images for the TV.

When I put together a slide show I size the images to 1024x768. Then ProShow can burn either an autorun CD, a VCD, or a DVD. It'll also do Web based slide shows but I haven't tried that option yet.
Luke

cdiver2:
I keep all photos as Tiff and only change to post to the web or e-mail. you are saying they should be Jpeg for a TV slide show?
Thanks

Most DVD players will only play JPEG, if they are even capable of playing pictures at all. Some of the older DVD players will not play VCD's or picture disc's.

If you are putting the pictures onto the disc in DVD format, which is MPEG2, then I guess it all depends on the software you are using to convert the pictures to get them on to the DVD and secondly how many pictures you actually want to get on the disc as TIFF files are much larger then JPEG files.

Back
Top Bottom