End of R109s Life?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thank you all for your input. I think Luis H nailed it when he wrote that the tech is probably being overly conservative. I think this shop caters to a very specific type of diver (think Manhattan, think 3 or 4 dives every few years, think cranky, think ready to throw money at overstated regulator "problems", and think ready to complain about anything) whose taste in regulators might be more refined (wink!) than mine.

Wayward Son: hang on to that beauty of yours. I'm going to ask the tech to do one balanced, the other unbalanced, and I'll play with them in Mexico (Soliman Bay near Tulum) in a month.

Thanks again. I will report back.

I mostly want it for the 2nd stage anyway. Mine was upgraded to a balanced adjustable years ago. The 1st stage I don't see wearing out in my lifetime & it has enough ports for me, so my main concern is another, spare 2nd. I find I get BAD dry mouth with the current plastic ones I've tried. So if this 2nd is as good as it looks, I'll be happy with it.

I just picked up a MkV and chrome second (not sure whether unbalanced or balanced adjustable but has the metal knurled knob). First has the 2250 style yoke. Both are in great shape, exhaust T on the second is still flexible and the chrome on both are shiny. Unfortunately it only has 2 LP's and Sea Divers doesn't have any newer style turrets. Can't decide what to do with them....

Back
Top Bottom