End of Summer Labor Day Bash/Diving

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I had a great time Fri and Sat.
For the Duane and SG I hit a few thermalclines that hit a freezing 79 degrees. :mooner:
The current was moving pretty good but I tried out the Pegasus Thruster and it was like there was no current. I believe Dean will be there again Sunday morning and if you're on his boat you should try out the Pegasus. It took me about 15 seconds to get use to it. We did the SG from bow to stern then back to the bow and I got back to the surface with 1100psi in my tank. The divers without the Pegasus came back with around 600 psi!
Check them out at www.pegasusthruster.com

Last edited:
Update- I called down yesterday, the 4 dives on Sunday are now split up into 2... So I'm headed out for the afternoon wreck dive, which will be the Duane and the Speigel Grove! :D :D For $40! I'm excited! :D

Last I heard there were still spaces available, so call now and reserve your spot. This is a phenomenal deal!

Anyone else going out Sunday afternoon?

I should have checked in sooner... I missed the boat.

I have had so much fun this weekend :luxhello:I have met so many divers here on SB I'm having a hard time keeping track who is who anymore..:D Tonight was no different we had a Pirate Bash for Pasha's Birthday Party over at Ship Wrecks. OMG that was so much fun...
My weekend was the best:yeahbaby: Friday Night I survived a 45min night dive had two wonderful buddies Paf and Benny I would not have been able to do it with out them. :kiss2:. Night time its so much different than day diving. Got to use the new scooters :DNow that was a lot of fun !!!!! Hands free is the only way to go!!!!!
Debby I'm sorry the boats were full :depressed: I would have loved to have dove with you today. For what I was told they turned away so many SB peeps, because the boats filled up so fast. I talked with Spencer AKA Slate this evening and we think we should do this again so everyone can get a chance to come down.

Next weekend the reefs here that Slate goes to are spawning. So he will be having a night dive for anyone who would like to witness this event that only comes once a year. :D I was told that if I ever wanted to see something so beautiful happen underwater I would not want to miss that. So I am there :goingdown:
If anyone wants to join me call in to the shop and let them know so you wont miss this two night event.:cool2:

Becka

Great meeting you guys too! I had a couple of super dives Sunday afternoon on the Duane and Spiegel Grove. speargirl- thought you were coming with us to the wrecks?

The Duane presented some ripping current, but I was fortunate enough to be outfitted with a Pegasus Thruster, which allowed me to "swim" into the current. Wouldn't have been possible otherwise. I showed up today, expecting to see another DPV like a SeaDoo or TUSA... man was I wrong! This thing is sharp! and powerful, and lightweight... yeah, i want one. Here's a picture I took of the tank-mounted thruster. There are some better pictures on their website at Pegasus Thruster - Underwater Scuba Diver Propulsion Vehicle (DPV)
PegasusThruster.jpg

Dean, thanks again for letting me play!

Our second dive on the Grove was very nice- 83 degrees down at the wreck, 50' of viz, and I got to see the entire wreck since I was using the thruster. Great time!

Hey SB Nation, thanks for coming down and diving with me, it was a wonderful weekend weather wise and we had some fun. Glad you stayed for the BBQ, we ate like little pigs. Glad most of ya got to try the Thruster out and what a ride that machine is, we will have them in rental this month, I can't wreck dive any more without them. Dean (the inventor) and company have done 6 years of hard work developing and perfecting the machine and it is the most powerful, hands free 'scooter' ever in the diving industry, can't wait to have them at Capt. Slates. Gald those of you who stayed at our bunkhouse enjoyed it and glad we can save you big bucks on your vists with us and we will see you and the SB Nation again soon..Big thanks to our lovely Speargirl she knows how to put on a party! Capt. Slate

I would have loved to go on a dive today but had so much to get done. Hey Capt Slate I have some nice pictures of us in our pirate outfits tonight:wink: We looked sharp if I do say so myself :blinking: I will try to post them on here in the morning if not they will be in my photos here on SB.

Great meeting you guys too! I had a couple of super dives Sunday afternoon on the Duane and Spiegel Grove. speargirl- thought you were coming with us to the wrecks?

The Duane presented some ripping current, but I was fortunate enough to be outfitted with a Pegasus Thruster, which allowed me to "swim" into the current. Wouldn't have been possible otherwise. I showed up today, expecting to see another DPV like a SeaDoo or TUSA... man was I wrong! This thing is sharp! and powerful, and lightweight... yeah, i want one. Here's a picture I took of the tank-mounted thruster. There are some better pictures on their website at Pegasus Thruster - Underwater Scuba Diver Propulsion Vehicle (DPV)
PegasusThruster.jpg

Dean, thanks again for letting me play!

Our second dive on the Grove was very nice- 83 degrees down at the wreck, 50' of viz, and I got to see the entire wreck since I was using the thruster. Great time!

You are right!!! That is one great piece of equipment to have on any wreck or reef. It was a pleasure meeting you today and I look forward to diving with you in the future with these awesome machines.
Becka

:D Tonight was no different we had a Pirate Bash for Pasha's Birthday Party over at Ship Wrecks. OMG that was so much fun...
DARN I am sorry you missed my call as I was coming north from Tavernier, I would have LOVED to join y'all for that. :depressed:
speargirl:
Next weekend the reefs here that Slate goes to are spawning. So he will be having a night dive for anyone who would like to witness this event that only comes once a year. :D I was told that if I ever wanted to see something so beautiful happen underwater I would not want to miss that. So I am there :goingdown:
If anyone wants to join me call in to the shop and let them know so you wont miss this two night event.:cool2:

Becka
OMG well I hope it is SUNDAY night, I work Saturdays and just can't get down there in time...I suppose I could do it Friday night too...which two nights???

I have to make sure and Call Capt Slate on the dates but I sure want to be there for that.:D

This one is GlockDiver with the owner and inventor of the new Pegasus Thruster's http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/137424/cat/all/ppuser/74262
Peeps heading to the SG http://www.scubaboard.com/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/137429/ppuser/74262

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=1613080843&ref=profile#/album.php?aid=23863&id=1613080843

Last edited:
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom