Epic Issues

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Glycereine

ScubaBoard Supporter
ScubaBoard Supporter
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I have an Aeris Epic Computer that is about 5 months old with roughly 100 dives on it. About 30 of those are in the pool no deeper than 10 feet.

I had no problems at all for the first 4 months, but since then I have had several. At first the computer indicated that the battery was low (seemed early to be replacing it) and after a couple dives with it showing low I replaced the battery with the spare that came with the computer. I removed the back of the computer with the supplied tool, replaced the battery, checked the O-ring for wear (it was pristine) reapplied silicone grease and put it back together.

The computer functioned normally for 3 dives then stopped in the middle of the dive. The screen went blank, no warning or anything. I pressed several buttons while underwater and the screen came back on. After a few seconds it registered the transmitter as well and I finished the dive. After this dive I took the back off the computer again to see if water had gotten in or something. There were no issues I could see and the battery was not registering as low so I put the computer back together.

Since then it has turned off twice and the light has stopped working one other time. I ordered a replacement battery and replaced it and the O-ring just to be on the safe side and am still having the same issues.

Anyone else had similar problems? I have not lost any dive data so they aren't complete crashes. Even when the computer stopped in the middle of the dive it appeared to log the entire dive correctly. I would chalk it up to just display issues, but the mode will change as well.

will do, but figured I'd see if anyone else had the same things happen and if it was something I was doing wrong first :wink:.

Hi - I have an Aeries Epic DC and it had been working perfectly for the better part of a year. It began to lose connection with the tank sender, and the CHG BATTERY display started. I have changed the battery (twice now), but within hours the same display comes back. I have cleaned the contacts, but it still does the same. Any suggestions?? ..... Thanks.:confused:

I have an Aeris Epic Computer that is about 5 months old with roughly 100 dives on it. About 30 of those are in the pool no deeper than 10 feet.

I had no problems at all for the first 4 months, but since then I have had several. At first the computer indicated that the battery was low (seemed early to be replacing it) and after a couple dives with it showing low I replaced the battery with the spare that came with the computer. I removed the back of the computer with the supplied tool, replaced the battery, checked the O-ring for wear (it was pristine) reapplied silicone grease and put it back together.

The computer functioned normally for 3 dives then stopped in the middle of the dive. The screen went blank, no warning or anything. I pressed several buttons while underwater and the screen came back on. After a few seconds it registered the transmitter as well and I finished the dive. After this dive I took the back off the computer again to see if water had gotten in or something. There were no issues I could see and the battery was not registering as low so I put the computer back together.

Since then it has turned off twice and the light has stopped working one other time. I ordered a replacement battery and replaced it and the O-ring just to be on the safe side and am still having the same issues.

Anyone else had similar problems? I have not lost any dive data so they aren't complete crashes. Even when the computer stopped in the middle of the dive it appeared to log the entire dive correctly. I would chalk it up to just display issues, but the mode will change as well.

I have had my Epic Computer since June. I had the exact issue you described about a month ago. The screen just went blank, but lost no data. I took it to my local Aeris DS. They took it apart and checked the battery. Everything looked great. It seemed to work after that. But then a few dives later it did it right before a dive. It did come back on before the dive, but I was worried about it the whole time. It seems to be working ok now. But after seeing that someone else had the same issue I hope it doesn't become a problem again. Did you ever find anything else with yours?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom