equipment and training question.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

OP
Billg68bg

Billg68bg

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
0 - 24
Does anyone know if there is any kind of magnifier I can attach to my dive watch or gauges to read them better under water. I use reading glasses and discovered on my first dive with my computer that I had trouble reading the numbers. Obviously, as I expand my training and experiences, this will likely present a problem. Thoughts?
Also, have Open Water and am not sure if I should seek Advance Open Water or Deep Water next. Thoughts?

Oh come on man, it’s not cool that you won’t let “them” say Shearwater at least once in every thread.
You can always recommend a Suunto Eon Core dive computer for a larger display. But only if you hate the person.

Of course everyone wants to see your OW cert. And nitrox cert if you ask for nitrox. But you asked about AOW: Advanced Open Water, and Deep "specialty". Not everyone wants to see those

Of course everyone wants to see your OW cert. And nitrox cert if you ask for nitrox. But you asked about AOW: Advanced Open Water, and Deep "specialty". Not everyone wants to see those.
Sorry. misread your post.

Sorry. misread your post.

The long answer is that a dive op may require higher-level cert for some dives, more often than not: because of their business insurance policy, which could be very different for e.g. US ops in FL, Dutch-run ops in Curacao, and Honduran ops on Roatan.

That's not to be confused with sites marked as "advanced" in the dive guide because the bottom is at 100+ feet, or there may be currents to watch out for, etc. E.g. Superior Producer on Curacao: you can dive it from the shore where there is (usually) no scuba police checking the certs.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom