Equipment checklist

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Chuckrt:

I am a physician. I keep a well stocked travel family doc kit in the hotel which gets heavily used on group trips. The boat kit has developed over ten years. Unfortunately, many items have been added after being involved in a situation where I wished I had had an emergency drug, but did not. Most boat first aid kits do NOT include professional resucer suppiles or prescription drugs. I am happy to report that the nitro was one of my first thoughts and was there on the two occassions it has been needed.

I considered the repair/spare parts as dive gear and I have mine in a Pelican box in the gear bag.

But on to the really important question... the candy! Other ideas, folks? I'm looking for something sour to get saliva flowing.

I forgot to mention something that's not on my list, but Watergal's post reminded me.
Whenever possible, take at least one doctor with you, and remind 'em to bring their "kit."
If you have a choice, first to bring is an ENT, then a Family Medicine doc or an Emergency Medicine doc. But any doc at all is better than none in a pinch.
A nurse or three ain't a bad idea either.
Rick

ooooh oooh oooooh!

pick me!
pick me!

will travel
reasonable rates
references available on request
tropical destinations get preference

:doctor:~Watergal

We do have a fair number of good trips out of the shop where I teach - site is:
www.adventuresports2.com
I'm leading the Cayman trip next month. Don't know which others.
Love to have you join us!
Rick

You want sour candy? How about Sweet Tarts and Lemon Drops.

TOWEL

I use a "sammy", a 9" square piece of material that I got from a swimmers store. All the swim teams use 'em. Packs VERY small, dries me like a bath towel. I don't go dive without it.

They both sound like versions of the Absorber. That thing works great.

Thank you everyone! What a big help.
Watergal: I take Shock Tarts. Always have, always will. They do wake the mouth back up after salt water, and when you pass the roll around the look on people's faces when they bite 'em, it's worth a picture everytime.
The sewing kit, is just incase someone breaks a bathing suit strap, or tears a Bc or something ... I have the safety pins too, for this reason.

Back
Top Bottom