Equipment Insurance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Damn, quite a hit. Hope your homeowners helps out well. Let us know how that goes, ok?

Not too relevant in this particular case, but something to be aware of is that what insurances DAN provide varies with region.
For one DAN Europe does NOT provide insurance for camera gear - which is the sole reason why they didn't get me as a customer when I traded in my compact for a DSLR rig..

Homeowners will cover it. All of my gear was stolen last month and I got a check a few weeks after to replace it all. I am an insurance agent and know that the items should be covered. Who is your insurance through?

Keep in mind when you tell the insurance company what was taken that you will get replacement cost less depression. have fun buying all new gear.

I have equipment insurance through DAN. I have an umbrella policy with my homeowner's insurance for lost or stolen items but it is not very comprehensive.

One piece of advise I heard from another diver was not to put dive stickers on your car. He said it's a flag for thieves, "I have expensive gear in my car and I will be gone for 30-60 minutes."

I was with Dive Assure for years, they are a good company. However they had equipment insurance through DEPP. Do a search on DEPP and learn why I went to DAN. Decide for yourself.

Keep in mind when you tell the insurance company what was taken that you will get replacement cost less depression.

If the insurance company can reduce the depression of losing your gear, that's a real bonus!

Please pardon any typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If the insurance company can reduce the depression of losing your gear, that's a real bonus!

Please pardon any typos. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wont say all but most insurance companies will pay you for the depression. They will not give it to you right away but when you get your money to replace everything less depression you will go buy all new gear. Once you buy all new gear and have to pay out of pocket you can send in the receipts and they will pay you the difference. Its kind of a pain but they do it that way to make sure you did buy new gear. Make sure that the company will do this before you decide to buy all new stuff.

In my van I carry two 7500 dollar bikes, 6000 in scuba gear, and another 8500 in climbing gear. I travel all over the continent. I have had an insurance policy written (special article type) for 30,000 dollars and I pay 22 dollars a month with a 250 deductible. It's a no Brainer to me. I amazes me that people travel with their gear and don't insure it. My policy is good anywhere in North america.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

---------- Post added May 20th, 2014 at 12:07 PM ----------

And my policy covers lost stolen or damaged items as long as it was done by me and my girlfriend.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom