Everyone Plz Read

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
If they're concerned about their reputation they should just clean up their act.

The legalistic saber-rattling that Underwater Adventure on St. Thomas, USVI seems to be engaging in to stifle your expression of experiences & opinions guarantees that I will never use nor recommend them.

I see nothing in your original post that would form the basis for legitimate legal action against you.

Don't be bullied.

Best regards.

DocVikingo

and you're not the only one. Kinda' sucks, don't it?

Wow. You really are held accountable for what you say on these boards. Too bad certain businesses couldn't be held accountable for their practices.

What a bunch of bullies. Named and now noted.

There is absolutely nothing they can do about people reporting the truth. They can threaten all they want, but I bet the last place they want to be is in a public court discussing all of this.

Bullies often threaten to file lawsuits to keep critics quiet. Sometimes they actually file the suit. The problem is it can be expensive to defend yourself even if you are innocent of all charges.

an operation that is ecologically disruptive and a heavy-handed abuser of legalities, anyone have a recommendation?

Good morning all. I am the operator of the tour that NatureDiver has been sharing all this false information about. I would like to begin by saying that I support public opinion and feel that forums such as these can be valuable. What I do not support, however, is slander. Contrary to public opinion, I also support the environment. This is a primary reason that we chose this type of tour since our units use no fuel and have no emissions. The pieces of broken coral that were pointed out were there long before we ever arrived as the site is also occupied by a 200' long, turn of the century shipwreck. I will agree with NatureDiver that the current can be strong at times in that area and our units can be pulled towards the coral area. The tour is well organzied and orchestrated for this reason and it was the job of our professional divers, such as NatureDiver, to guide and keep the slow moving units on their intended path. This never would have happened if all the divers were properly in place. We are not utilizing this particular site any longer for many reasons and made this decision long before I became aware of this forum. The reference made about the bloody nose due to a quick ascent is completely false. The units are kept at 8 feets at all times (which is less than the deep end of a residential swimming pool), our ratio of divers to units is extensive and we have provided this tour for thousands of people without incident and will continue to do so. The scuba tanks are secured in a customized rack; if any had tipped over then it wasn't secured properly by the divers. The shed mentioned where the tanks are filled is a different company altogether so NatureDiver has spoken negatively about 2 business now without any substantiation. We are not PADI regulated and not required to be. Our medical forms were designed by counsel and are taken very seriously, not torn up. In regards to the professional dive rating, my husband certainly was certified as an instructor and certainly has not been of teaching status since 1997 (and your point is?). As far as myself, I take great pride in being a dive master as I am sure you all can relate to. Could it possibly be, NatureDiver, that I was certified before I was married so had a different last name? As far as the insurance/additionally insured issue I won't even address as NatureDiver has no clue what parameters the industry as a whole uses. Now, Lawman, conspiracy to commit insurance fraud? Our industry is highly regulated and scrutinized on a regular basis by the powers that be. This is laughable. I whole heartedly support everyone's feelings about the environment and would feel the same way if the accusers were correct. I always supported NatureDiver when he was an employee and not once did he ever express his concerns to me. We are highly respected in the industry and are true to our love and respect of the water and its surroundings. I am quite aware that the thread created here by NatureDiver has found it's way into the hearts of other professionals in the St. Thomas arena who would like to use these opinions against us. Once again, I support public opinion but the accusations here are false and cannot be evidenced. I will always stand by our operation because I know and represent the truth and will continue to provide the safe and exemplary service to the tourism industry.

don't believe you.

ltbz once bubbled...

..... I will agree with NatureDiver that the current can be strong at times in that area and our units can be pulled towards the coral area. This did not happen on a regular basis ....

Should this not happen at all???

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom