Everyone Plz Read

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
if "the accusations are false," how can they be "blown out of proportion?"

ltbz once bubbled...
<snip>

This did not happen on a regular basis

How often is "not on a regular basis" when ramming a sensitive piece of coral that takes 100 years to grow?

<snip>

We are not utilizing this particular site any longer for many reasons

I hope you moved to a location where your scooters cause less damage to the environment.

R..

This should absolutely never happen; and would not have happened if the diver's were correctly in place. The tour is organized and orchestrated for this reason. Our new site has no coral or other enviromental detours.

ltbz once bubbled...
This should absolutely never happen; and would not have happened if the diver's were correctly in place. The tour is organized and orchestrated for this reason. Our new site has no coral or other enviromental detours.

Then you should be applauded for recognising the damage you were causing and finding an appropriate location to operate.

Better late than never.

R..

P.S. It would also seem to vindicate Naturediver's opinion. Why don't you call down your hounds now and make peace in public. It would be a nice gesture to add to your good decision.

This sound to me as if we have a ex-employee that wants to make trouble for his ex-employer. If what he says is true then something should be done. But if what he says is exaggerated then he should be held accountable. I would have to know what his job was there. Far to often people believe what they read here in the forum without doing any research.
I can say anything about anything or anyone. That doesn't make it so. If I fire a worker today do you think he's going to talk nice about me.
Point being this is not the place to voice such matters as this. If what he says was true and he had real conserns then he should have collected evidence and passed it onto the proper athorities.
Just my opinion.

By the way
Do you know what you have when you have 1000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?
Fred

fgray1 once bubbled...

Do you know what you have when you have 1000 lawyers at the bottom of the ocean?

A damn good start?

I for one will not be using this operation, EVER. No body likes a bully...

Walter once bubbled...
Bullies often threaten to file lawsuits to keep critics quiet. Sometimes they actually file the suit. The problem is it can be expensive to defend yourself even if you are innocent of all charges.

Thats why you should have a professional liability or umbrella insurance policy. Get someone else to pickup the bill for slander and libel cases.

I'm not a dive professional, but I would think that the insurance a dm/instructor must carry would cover this.

i think fgray made a good point. we should not assume that naturediver is correct because he sounds honest. on the same side we shouldn't assume he is a liar. but if someone makes an accusation i feel nothing is wrong with being skeptical. his accusation is based on anecdotal evidence and is uncorroborated. that doesn't convince me of anything. i made a comment like this before and made many upset. i was shocked how quick people are to believe a story based on hearsay and conjecture. again, he very well might be right. but if your going to publicly accuse someone you should not be upset if they or anyone else ask you to defend yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom