Everyone Should Try This!!!!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Status
Not open for further replies.
loosebits:
I agree but in the case of your profile picture, I don't see the context. To me, it looks like you're just screwing around and not knowing anything else about you, I wouldn't want to be in the same ocean as you. Now, you are probably a very responsible diver but if I were to simply judge you based on your profile photo I'd think you were just some jack-*** walking on the bottom.

you cant judge a book by its cover, like you cant judge a forum member by his avartar.

I like to think I am a very responsible diver, I touch nothing and try to make as little impact as possible but as I stated earlier walking on a sandbed is no different to walking in the surf.

bubblemonkey:
you cant judge a book by its cover, like you cant judge a forum member by his avartar.

I like to think I am a very responsible diver, I touch nothing and try to make as little impact as possible but as I stated earlier walking on a sandbed is no different to walking in the surf.

I think the point he is making is just that, he has no way of knowing if you are a responsible diver, we see your pic and thats all we get and as humans, you draw your conclusions from what you know.

FIXXERVI6:
To the original poster:

If you want to learn to dive a hog rig and properly use a long hose and such, get with some local divers that know their stuff, take some classes, don't learn it on here, you need to take this stuff seriously, serious as in this stuff will kill you, I'm curious what your parents have to say about all of your activity, or did you just get the credit card from them to become a 'tek' diver, I looked at your gear list, boy I bet your LDS loves you.

If you seriously want to be a 'tek' diver quit walking on the bottom, get some classes, quit blowing money on gear, well unless its your parents money, and please whatever you do, do NOT answer anyones questions on this board when they start asking because they might actually believe you.

Someone needs to call this boys parents and let them know what he is doing.

Bravo

This kid has zero credibility and is a danger to himself and other divers.

FIXXERVI6:
I think the point he is making is just that, he has no way of knowing if you are a responsible diver, we see your pic and thats all we get and as humans, you draw your conclusions from what you know.

fair enough I supose.

how about if I changed it to this one of my wife?

kayetoilet.jpg

FIXXERVI6:
well what the heck I'm home sick can't dive dont' want to work so I'll drag myself down into this thread.

I get really pissed when I see someone walking on the bottom, two things, if its in the ocean your obviously going to be doing damange, if your in my local mud hole, your killing the vis even if its already low to begin with, talk about no respect for the sport or environment, or the other divers around you.

If your on a platform or something where you can walk around without killing the vis then so be it go for a walk I really don't care.

Now to the original poster telling everyone to try it, well thats just crap. I've seen other posts by this guy and read is profile, some of his posts cracked me up but I'm scared someone is going to read that garbage and believe some of it, I see in his profile information he wants to be a cave diver, thats scary, the problem here is age, reading all of these posts makes me think he is 12 years old, the last thing he needs to be thinking about is cave diving or pushing to be a 'tek' diver, he is pushing to fill a body bag so please people do not encourage him.

To the original poster:

If you want to learn to dive a hog rig and properly use a long hose and such, get with some local divers that know their stuff, take some classes, don't learn it on here, you need to take this stuff seriously, serious as in this stuff will kill you, I'm curious what your parents have to say about all of your activity, or did you just get the credit card from them to become a 'tek' diver, I looked at your gear list, boy I bet your LDS loves you.

If you seriously want to be a 'tek' diver quit walking on the bottom, get some classes, quit blowing money on gear, well unless its your parents money, and please whatever you do, do NOT answer anyones questions on this board when they start asking because they might actually believe you.

Someone needs to call this boys parents and let them know what he is doing.
Haha I do take classes and ive taken them. I dont dive Hog and i dive with ppl 100 times more experienced then you. I dive wit Randy Milak. He wrote the IANTD text book for diving between 300 and 400 ft so in terms of diving with respectable divers, i think im ok. I can deploy long hose and w.e. Im moving up the line. I dont need you to say that i need to stop messing around because plan and simple its fun. Yeah when i do a deco dive at 150 feet im not going to be rideing a bike on the :censored: bottom. Ive dove this quarry about 25+times and i was just doing for something fun. I did a 100 min dive prior just doing skills. So i felt like haveing some fun, Ive never done it before so i just decide to try it out. I could have ended the dive and fixed my fin strap but why? i didnt hurt any one. I wasnt siltting it up too bad. There we 5 ppl at the quarry that day and i was diving with 2 of them. So wat? I respect the sport but i dont like the fact that your gunna sit there and accuse me of something so stupied. Why dont u try it? And i bet you will enjoy it. If im wrong then i will never do it again.

And being responsible. How bout this for responsible. Im 15 years old. and am the head chef. The owner is a respectable chef, the most in windsor and very well know in southern ontario. Infact Susur Lee, look him up on the internet. I can go and work with him anytime i am in toronto and same with Jamie Kennedy. Because im mature and responsible enough. So i think that i am responsible. If you actually meet me and dove with my, i think that you might change your mind.

Thatcher B:
And being responsible. How bout this for responsible. Im 15 years old. and am the head chef. The owner is a respectable chef, the most in windsor and very well know in southern ontario. Infact Susur Lee, look him up on the internet. I can go and work with him anytime i am in toronto and same with Jamie Kennedy. Because im mature and responsible enough. So i think that i am responsible. If you actually meet me and dove with my, i think that you might change your mind.

And this is relevant how exactly?

TAD,I think you are just digging yourself a deeper hole,if such a thing is possible.

Tek Adventure Diver:
Haha I do take classes and ive taken them. I dont dive Hog and i dive with ppl 100 times more experienced then you. I dive wit Randy Milak. He wrote the IANTD text book for diving between 300 and 400 ft so in terms of diving with respectable divers, i think im ok. I can deploy long hose and w.e. Im moving up the line. I dont need you to say that i need to stop messing around because plan and simple its fun. Yeah when i do a deco dive at 150 feet im not going to be rideing a bike on the **$king bottom. Ive dove this quarry about 25+times and i was just doing for something fun. I did a 100 min dive prior just doing skills. So i felt like haveing some fun, Ive never done it before so i just decide to try it out. I could have ended the dive and fixed my fin strap but why? i didnt hurt any one. I wasnt siltting it up too bad. There we 5 ppl at the quarry that day and i was diving with 2 of them. So wat? I respect the sport but i dont like the fact that your gunna sit there and accuse me of something so stupied. Why dont u try it? And i bet you will enjoy it. If im wrong then i will never do it again.

I just lost respect for IANTD if this is true, and I didn't say respectible divers.

100 times more experienced than me huh, wow your good dude, my profile doesn't say how experienced I am.

you can deploy a long hose, what that 9 footer? I hope you can or else you shouldn't be in the water at all, does being able to deploy a 9 foot hose qualify you as an experienced 'tek' diver?

How do you know I have not walked on the bottom at one time but have not posted?

cough cough *lock thread* cough cough

At this point we have gone beyond :deadhorse: My fraternity had another term when it goes beyond this but its unacceptable to post. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom