Exam

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We're talking about the OW exam I assume, so you must've gotten more than one wrong to get an 80. Were they all volume/density related?

No more revision was needed..

Rocky

---------- Post added October 19th, 2014 at 05:05 PM ----------

We're talking about the OW exam I assume, so you must've gotten more than one wrong to get an 80. Were they all volume/density related?

That's right... Stick the knife in

Rocky

The OW exam in SSI was a brian binder to. I got one wrong because it was so easy I forgot the answer. Had to do with the oxygen level in the air we breath. To make matters worse he said the test was designed so a 12 year old could pass it. You passed that's all that matters now.

There is only one person that score will ever mean anything to and thats you. To use the DM course as an example, when I enrolled on that course which for me lasted 6 months I wanted to do the best I could in it because by then I was sure I wanted to work in the industry. I worked hard to prepare myself mentally and physically and actually started regular training to get the best scores I could in the swim tests. I had a solid swimming training program 4 times a week for 6 months before doing the swim test, I passed with high scores. On the same day another guy doing the same thing who could barely swim scraped an overall pass through being very weak at swimming but picking up the grade on other things. When released in to the wild we both had DM certs and neither had an advantage, the piece of plastic was the same at the end of the day

Nobody will ever know or care what you got on the exam, so long as you passed it.

I don't think I've ever gotten 100% on a PADI written exam. There is always at least one question with which I disagree -- the questions are not always well written or clear. Like you, I'm a compulsive overachiever, and those "missed" questions annoy the stink out of me. But in the long run, they are irrelevant. As long as you understand the material, your test score doesn't mean very much at all.

Ha ha very funny :) pmsl

Rocky

---------- Post added October 20th, 2014 at 07:20 PM ----------

Mcfly mcfly....

Rocky

I will say (with tongue in cheek) that I hope the item you got wrong is the most important element of scuba. I say this because, I'll bet that the correct information is now permanently ingrained in you, never to be forgotten...

Cheer up. There are many folks I hold in high regard who don't get 100% on tests. Those people give 100% in LIFE......

Yes rongoodman, it's in the paddy log book

Rocky

here's one solution, dive until you fill up the logbook and need to get a new one :p

Back
Top Bottom