Excess Baggage on Singapore Airlines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Well, I weighed my rolling backpack and all by itself, it is 7 lbs!! I am going to look at a lighter weight one tonight. I keep my reg and camera stuff in there so I want to keep it with me. My personal item is my laptop case, so I can't take my reg bag out.

Ebags.com has a section for light bags. I dropped 5 lbs off my bag by going to a lighter one. They have carry ons as well as larger bags.

Ellen...I have one of those wonderful Akona rolling bags 12lbs....not so wonderful anymore....pulled out an old Aqua lung roller that weighed 6.5 lbs. I'm lucky I fly up front on Singapore so I can take pretty much what ever I want and Silk will honor the Singapore allowances. But those Indonesian airlines...I learned last year...prepare to pay and listen to them give you a hassle....This year I've been using my old Aqua Lung bag...bringing no redundancy, tool kit, wine etc etc.

Ebags.com has a section for light bags. I dropped 5 lbs off my bag by going to a lighter one. They have carry ons as well as larger bags.

Crap. Too late for me now. I'm leaving tomm. I might go to Target tonight to see if I can find a lighter weight one.

I bought one last night that the woman said was light weight and it was just as heavy as the one I already had!!

. But those Indonesian airlines...I learned last year...prepare to pay and listen to them give you a hassle.....
Maybe if I wear my Obama button and smile nicely?...:D

Maybe if I wear my Obama button and smile nicely?...:D

Depends on what area you are flying...but you may be onto something...LOl....Whare are you headed too?

Bali, Wakatobi, Lembeh.

You will love Bali...very good diving been there 3 times....Wakatobi....hope you have warmer water and better vis than I did last year....Lembeh....in a class by itself...I'm headed back in 2 weeks. Where are you staying in Lembeh?

Looks like you will be flying some of those Indonesian airlines...Wooo....Hooo

We are staying at Lembeh Resort. We chose that over Kasawari because it had unlimited shore diving.

Lembeh resort is great....Ronald, Abner were my dive guides LY they were great. What dates will you be there? I'll be there the second week of Oct.

Oct. 12-15. I wanted to stay longer but I'm already gone over 3 weeks from work. And that's the way the flights worked out. BTW, I'm paying for this myself.:D

Back
Top Bottom