Excess Baggage on Singapore Airlines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Please advise as to your expereince with Singapore Air when you return.
Planning a Sulwesi/Bli trip next June & looking for advice on which airline is recommended.

Which Indonesian Airlines suck?
Attempting to plan our first trip to Sulawesi & overwhelemd by Airline choices!

All three Indonesian airlines suck!

Singapore and Silk air are great...and will be traveling on all of them next week....Bali is great diving...I would re-think Wakatobi...there last year nice operation...diving was just OK...suggest East Timor...great diving or head up to Raja Ampat finest diving I have found on the planet.

I had absolutely no problems with Singapore though a friend of mine did. She was overweight with her carryon and tried to use the overhead compartment. They made her check it at JFK and assured her it would make it to Bali. It never did. She was without her camera stuff while we dived the Liberty and other sites in Tulumen. Everytime she checked with Singapore, the case was in Dresden or someplace else in Germany. I guess they took it off the plane during our stopover in Frankfort. Anyway, Crispen from Wakatobi intervened for her and by the time we got there, her camera gear was there. TG because she is a semi-pro who takes absolutely lovely shots.

BTW, I had absolutely no one weigh my carryons. I think the max for checked baggage was 20 kilos on Garuda, but I was 22. They didn't charge me.

Plus Singapore never stops feeding you. I forget what kind of aircraft we had but if you expect more leg room with an aisle seat on the side, forget about it. There are bumps where the chairs are and they halved the size of the leg rest. I'm short and I was uncomfortable on the 12 hour flight. But from Frankfort to JFK, I got a row to myself so I could get horizontal.

Please advise as to your expereince with Singapore Air when you return.
Planning a Sulwesi/Bli trip next June & looking for advice on which airline is recommended.

We just got back from KBR. We love KBR for muck diving, incredible strange and wondrous creatures. Singapore Airlines is a great airline. We did not have any problems with carry on through LAX. We never saw a scale and we never saw anyone else have a problem. I have a carry on that is over the 15 lb limit, I was ready since I have a camera vest with big pockets that you can put enough in to get compliant. Last year I also flew Singapore Airlines to Wakatobe without any problems. This year for photo subjects we had a fantastic trip to KBR. We will definitely go back to KBR. Would not go back to Wakatobe.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom