Excess Baggage on Singapore Airlines

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Ellen...too bad you will only be there for a couple of dive days....the diving blew me away last year. I should be there on the 13th around 3pm. I'll leave a message for ya at the front desk.

We should hook up for a dinner if we have time....meals are great at Lembeh!

Just came from Wakatobi - actually Pelagian, but last couple dives were around the resort (and great dives as well.) Viz was not great (60-70'ish), but water was very warm - 82f.

Lucky you....Last year around this time when i was there water was 79 (i only brought a shorty) and vis was around 30' to 40'!

You could also try pooling your luggage allowance with some other person and weighing it all together to see if you come out below the max. Some airlines in the past (air New Zealand) even encouraged this.

Also get to check in early, staff might be more mellow than after checking in a few hundred passengers.

Agree!

Well, last time I dived I think the vis was 10 ft. so I'll take that. And the water was 68. LOL

Getting back on the topic, we found out the charge for a 3rd bag is $109 USD and a bag over 50 lb is a percentage of the first class fare. Paying for a 3rd bag is far less than paying by the mile.

Anyone with experience with baggage policing on Singapore out of SFO? I'm going to Seoul to Singapore to Bali.

Comments from any riders of this route also welcome.

If you do a bit of travel with particular airline or their affiliated frequent flyer program (eg OneWorld/Star Alliance/etc), you may find it helps to join their program, as you often get higher baggage allowances

Which Indonesian Airlines suck?
Attempting to plan our first trip to Sulawesi & overwhelemd by Airline choices!

Any advice for an airline from US to Bali? Overwhelmed with choices & trying to plan our first trip to Wakatobi next June.

Back
Top Bottom