Fantasy Island...Here We Come!!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know how to upload to vimeo, as for posting here, do I just hit the earth/chain button up there and put the link in?
I don't know what that is, but here is how I do it with a vid from my old camera...

Using the numbers from http://vimeo.com/9868298

Inserted inside these codes: [vimeo]9868298[/vimeo]

You get this, except I'll center it too...

[vimeo]9868298[/vimeo]​

Remind viewers to hit the 4 dot icon in lower right corner for full screen. :eyebrow: I just shoot for grins on an old 5 mp digital camera, then share with non-divers who are easily impressed - but this shows how to embed here anyway.

Well, I finally sat down and put together a few of my Fantasy Island dive pictures for my ScubaBoard buddies. My photography was a great disappointment...DH just got me a SeaLife DC1200 12.0 Megapixel camera for my birthday and I couldn't wait to try it out. Unfortunately, when I got to Roatan I discovered that my external flash was not working :shocked2: Thankfully I was able to use the internal flash on the camera to capture a few decent shots, but I mostly shot video. Anyway, here are a few of the shots I took:

Attachments

• PICT0017.jpg
    PICT0017.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 72
  • PICT0021.jpg
    PICT0021.jpg
    412.3 KB · Views: 66
  • PICT0040.jpg
    PICT0040.jpg
    417.4 KB · Views: 63
  • PICT0042.jpg
    PICT0042.jpg
    442.5 KB · Views: 69
  • PICT0052.jpg
    PICT0052.jpg
    428 KB · Views: 57
  • PICT0011.jpg
    PICT0011.jpg
    410.6 KB · Views: 60
  • PICT0047.jpg
    PICT0047.jpg
    415.7 KB · Views: 51
  • PICT0008.jpg
    PICT0008.jpg
    445.5 KB · Views: 55
  • PICT0012.jpg
    PICT0012.jpg
    455.2 KB · Views: 70
  • PICT0020.jpg
    PICT0020.jpg
    430.1 KB · Views: 57
  • PICT0033.jpg
    PICT0033.jpg
    431.1 KB · Views: 57
I put in a call with Rich to get my trip booked for April! So excited to see what the place looks like in 5 months :D Can't wait!! Thanks for the trip reports they definitely got me excited! haha

edit: all booked!!! See some of yous in April!!! Rich I'm going to wear a Snookie poof in my hair just for you :rofl3:

Last edited:
Who is really posting for Fantasy Island Resort here?

I sent an e-mail early last week to Marianela and it took a second e-mail on Sunday to finally get a response. Seems she is the Assitant General Manager and couldn't answer my questions about my husaband taking his AOW during our Feb 14-21 trip. She said she'd send it over to Rich Henry at the dive shop. I'm still waiting to here something.

Is this Rich here???? :D

Betty

I sent an e-mail early last week to Marianela and it took a second e-mail on Sunday to finally get a response. Seems she is the Assitant General Manager and couldn't answer my questions about my husaband taking his AOW during our Feb 14-21 trip. She said she'd send it over to Rich Henry at the dive shop. I'm still waiting to here something.

Betty
I presume that the member known as Fantasy Island Resort does really represent the resort or he'd lose the username. Click his name in the post above yours to PM him.

Some things are in transition I'm sure but he seems to be the go-to guy here on SB.

Betty

Betty, Marianela is the on-site Assistant General Manager at Fantasy Island Resort. She is responsible for a miriad of tasks at the resort, but dive details are handled by the dive shop, which would be under the supervision of Rich Henry. Since we just returned, I can tell you that Rich was at the resort through Saturday. It was the first weekend they took over the resort and to put it mildly...they were a little busy! I'm quite certain he will respond to your questions soon. Don't worry - they'll take good care of you :D

When I wanted to add Nitrox to our package, I was told to make the arrangements through my booking agent. (special price at that time)

The US agent is : Fantasy Island Resort Roatan Honduras PADI Scuba Diving Snorkeling

I posted my request on the contact request form and they got right back to me. I had a nice chat with the owner.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom