Farting in wetsuit - buoyancy Poll

Do you fart in your wetsuit, and does it effect your buoyancy?

• Yes! And it was like an Emergency Buoyant ascent! SCARY!

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Yes, but I was at the surface and the nasty beast rose through my neck seal and gassed me! *cough*

Votes: 18 37.5%
  • Yes, I was way too positively buoyant, Not only did I need to vent the air in my BC, but I had to ve

Votes: 6 12.5%
  • Yes, but I was out of the water. It left me looking like the Michellan Man (tm)

Votes: 2 4.2%
  • No Way!! Ewwwwww (And I don't pee in my wetsuit either) Sickos!

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • No Way! I'm a lady diver and Ladies DON'T fart! What nerve this guy has to ask!!

Votes: 5 10.4%

• Total voters

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Annie!!

Just noticed youre in Dublin, Ireland. Love the place!! I have been to Ireland a couple of times (have a bit of the blood I do) , rented a car and drove around the back roads. Last time there we stayed in Dublin for two days and did the tourist thing. Hope to get back again because we have not driven the northwestern area as of yet.

I will bet it is cold diving there. My last trip was in October and the winds on the Dingle coast line were really a wake up call.

Be good...have a pint for me. (make it a Murphy's though.... being the sinner I am....I never got a taste for Guiness!!)

...how many bean burritos would one need to ingest to negate the need for an inflator hose? If this were indeed an option, then wetsuits would need to be retrofitted with dump valves. Pun certainly intended.

There's an option missing from the poll...."who gives a rat's arse"

RICHinNC
Yes absolutely the west is a must. I spent the Easter break out west and it's beautiful. The fields are full of little lambs and calves this time of year. I'll have a pint for black stuff for you tomorrow nite, in fact I'll have a few. Does anyone want to see any pics of Ireland? If so I can start a special thread in Travel :)

You bet annie....I shall await the posting in travel.

Well... i am buying a house in the next three months so Western Ireland is probably out of reach this year....but I am hoping to make it next year. You couldnt be more right about the sheep. My god no wonder there so much lamb on the menu!!

After being introduced to Paddy (the whiskey that is) I find a few of them as good as the Murphy's. I gave a bartender and couple of patrons a few wide eyes when i ordered a shot of Paddy and a Murphy's then dropped the Paddy glass and all in the Murphys and downed it. We call those Boiler Makers. Give a couple of those a try and let me know how you do!! After a few of those you could care less if you fart in your wet or dry suit!!

in a dry suit... not bad, then you can smell it... ji ji ji a little bit nasty, but it is true!

I just can't believe that this thread has attracted more interest than mine on whether divers are interested in the marine biology of the areas they dive. Absolutely juvenile. What am I doing wasting my time with such nonsense.

Of course I fart in my wetsuit... that's why I overweight myself to eliminate the possibility of bobbing to the surface where another diver smoking a cigarette before they submerge might ignite the damn thing! Would be worse than dynamite fishing.

Dr. Bill

....interesting responses....:confound:. I had posted something on the other "non-poll" thread about this:
Dr. Jay once bubbled...
I'm not too sure about a wetsuit...but I have heard of a troublesome condition while diving dry. I, myself, have had no personal experience in this matter, but I can give you details on the condition.

It only occurs when you are using an Argon (Ar) mixture hooked up to your drysuit. The Argon mixes with the Methane (A combination of Hydrogen and Carbon - CH4) forming the compound ArCH (pronounced "Arch"). This is also used to describe the shape of your body and buoyancy after the gas release, which changes into the form of an arch due to your Halcyon Gator Wraps blocking flow to your legs and your BP/Wing harness blocking flow to your upper body. This can be disasterous if your drysuit is not properly configured, or you are not properly trained to deal with such a disaster.

Utimately, it can result in you becoming trapped at the top of a cave or wreck, or in a out-of-control rocket ascent, with no control over your buoyancy. This is extremely unsafe. If you are able to vent the ArCH mixture from your drysuit, you should not come into direct contact with it, as it is toxic. If you are in open water, make sure to deploy a lift bag marked with a large "F" for flatulence, so the boat crew or others on the surface do not come into contact with ArCH.

Someone with a broder understanding of this chemical mixture might be able to help you more with regards to its adverse effects. I hope this helps to avoid any catastrophes.

:warhammer
I am still curious as to how it would affect your PPO levels?

I'm not too sure about the burrito question. I guess it might depend on whether it was beef or chicken :confused:.

When I brought the topic of this poll up I did not believe it would become reality, But while we are on bodily functions

Irish Annie: I am with you and the Willy Wonka off gassing. I swallow to equalize and build up a lot of air in my stomach. When I let loose with a good belch I sink like a rock.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom