Favorite Diving Foods

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Tropicalwolf

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
I'm a Fish!
In direct contradiction with the "out of shape diver" thread, how about a thread on favorite dive foods!

Let's get an opinion on best pre-dive, surface interval snack, and post dive foods!

Let the indulgence begin!

Food as the topic, damn, this is a good thread already!!! :D

Some Pre-dive -
Breakfast stuff, bagels, fruit, eggs or cereal.

Some SI Snacks I've been known to bring -
I like PBJ sandwich cut into quarters (easier to share with dive buddies), hummus & pita bread, watermelon, cantaloupe, apple, fried plantain chips, cheddar cheese popcorn, trail mix, carrot sticks, hard boiled eggs, string cheese wrapped with either turkey slices or prosciutto.

Post dive food -
Any leftover SI snack until we can get to a restaurant to chow down on steaks, ribs, pasta or chicken and some times we finish off with a sundae. :)

A nice sit-down breakfast at the Cracker Barrel on the way to the dive site. Cold cuts or some simple sammy in the middle. Hot wings-n-beer at Hooters on the way home. Cold beer in the dive closet while hanging gear up to dry and remaining cold beer in recliner after a nice long shower thinking that perhaps the cold beer and two dozen wings was not the best idea after all:-

Breakfasts, I usually skip, but not before diving; any good hearty breakfast is good. Going out on the ocean, I tend to avoid heavy greasy breakfast, and go for fruit, cerial, etc.

SI I do like fresh pineapple, watermelon, etc. And those cold cuts sound dam good too.

Wings and beer, after, goes w/o saying! Anything off the grill and beer works too! :cheers:

But FOOD! After a day of diving I am ready to eat almost anything!

On a diving/instructing day, I take boiled eggs, cans of flavoured tuna, roasted sweet potato
this seems to get me through the day. Usually 3 dives.
Have a little nibble between each dive.
The long neck of Bulmers is in the esky for the last debrief.

but nothing beats a hot cuppa and fresh stollen bread

in the morning i tend to so like more people and get fresh fruit, for lunch i always go to subway before hand and pick up a sandwich there. then afterwards im usually so hungry ill eat about anything but, im +1 for anything off the grill, maybe some burgers, hotdogs, italians, brats...

+1 on hot wings after a great day of diving. We like to hit Buffalo Wild Wings while we're off gassing (when we dive locally, we must drive over a 6000' elevation pass to get home). As for breakfast, a good non-greasy breakfast will do. In between dives, a lite snack, but I'm more interested in staying hydrated as it's far more critical.

Early morning dive - Russian Pancakes (Blinichki) very lightly buttered and sprinkled with just a little sugar.

SI - Fruit and water or gatoraid.

Lunch - nothing heavy...

Dinner - Anything goes and I like to sip red wine on the rocks.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom