Finally!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Congrats. How soon after you board do you actually start working on the ship? Do you start as soon as you board it? I and a friend are planning on going on one of their cruises in a couple months is why I ask.

As far as Greenville goes....well, at least your closer to the ocean than Nashville. I get our lovely lakes, rivers, and quarries. :frown:

Wendigo:
Congrats. How soon after you board do you actually start working on the ship? Do you start as soon as you board it? I and a friend are planning on going on one of their cruises in a couple months is why I ask.

As far as Greenville goes....well, at least your closer to the ocean than Nashville. I get our lovely lakes, rivers, and quarries. :frown:

I start working when I board it as far as I know. I'm not sure if there may be a week or so of training or something. If you go on the Norwegian Wind, look me up. :)

very nice, ND... way to go!

Whooohooo! WTG! :clapping:

BTW, I have a friend who spent almost a year Instructing on cruise ships. It's no picnic. Even when you're "off duty" you're still "on duty", shmoozing with guests, etc. He said it was interesting, but exhausting.

Bonne chance! :thumb:

I finally arrived! I boarded the Norwegian Wind yesterday. Tomorrow we dock in Grand Cayman and the fun really begins. I'll try to stay current on the board and let everyone know what's going on. Now I am really Deep South. :) Talk to you all soon!

Colin

NatureDiver:
Tomorrow we dock in Grand Cayman

how do you say, "you lucky SOB" in Grand Caymanian?

laugh... man i am so envious =P

H2Andy:
how do you say, "you lucky SOB" in Grand Caymanian?

laugh... man i am so envious =P

....and then to Belize, and then Roatan, Honduras, and then Cozumel and finally back to Miami. Tough life. :)

You'll have to let us know how it is working on a cruise ship in that capacity. I had thought of doing that myself a long time ago, but couldn't get a bearing on it from someone who had actually done it. Keep us posted.

:54: I was reading about you getting a cruise diver job. How is it working out so far? What ship are you on and what does the job entail? Sounds very interesting, give me all the details.

Back
Top Bottom