Fins are too big, what to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pyndle

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
500 - 999
Hi,

I got Apeks RK3 fins in size "super". Bought them second hand (a pretty good deal) and didn't realize but they're actually too big (just a tiny bit, probably divable but I'm worried I might lose a fin). I'm a shoe size 12 (US) and I have a pair of aqualung echozip boots (https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61jL-3L7dQL._AC_SL1000_.jpg).

The odds of finding someone willing to swap my super for regulars in my city are close to 0... My ultimate resort is probably to sell them and try to find another good deal with the right size, but it'll take time and I have a dive trip planned soon.

Are there any tricks I could use? Like something I could stuff inside the shoe pocket so that my foot goes further back and gets properly held by the strap?

Thanks

They don't look like they can be moved?

Edit: nevermind, just watched a video, didn't realized this can be adjusted. Thanks a lot !!!

Edit 2: oh, they can be removed, but cannot be adjusted :(

My Deep6 Eddy fins that I wear with my drysuit are wee bit too big in the foot pocket. With the spring straps on the tighter setting, they’re OK.

Odd that you can’t adjust the spring straps.

You can try wearing a thick wool sock under the dive boot. The sock will not compress at depth and should tighten things up a little.

Good idea but unfortunately those boots cost more than what I paid for the fins :(

And I agree with you Marie13, it's weird but I don't think it is adjustable.

Get bigger feet? Sell them on Craigslist?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

The best answer is sell them, get your money back and get the right stuff. Maybe there's someone out there that bought a pair that's just a little too small that would be willing to trade?

u can try wearing a thick wool sock under the dive boot. The sock will not compress at depth and should tighten things up a little.

Probably over the boot rather than under no? The boot is fitting perfectly, with a sock inside it will be too tight.
Also thought of putting a small rag/towel inside the footpocket to gain a few mm but I'm worried I'll lose that in the ocean everytime I remove my fins in the water

Get bigger feet? Sell them on Craigslist?

Sorry, couldn't resist.

The best answer is sell them, get your money back and get the right stuff. Maybe there's someone out there that bought a pair that's just a little too small that would be willing to trade?
I know you're right but I want to believe in a magical solution :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom