Fins are too big, what to do?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know you're right but I want to believe in a magical solution :D
Wear two pairs of dive-boots. One size L & another XL.

No idea if it would work, but I'm throwing silly ideas out there. I recently considered buying some XL fins that were on sale and wearing thick 7mm to 9mm boots, but decided it was probably a bad idea & that I'd be better off being patient waiting for a sale on normal "L" sized fins.

Ok guys quick update... don't laugh please :D

I kept the RK3 that were too big with my 5mm boots, and also bought a pair of mares avanti quattro + (second hand). Of course, couldn't try them before... and they're too small !!! (the guy told me he's a 45 with 5mm boots like me, but they're definitely tight with my boots).

Today I went to a friend's who's got a tiny pool for his kids (like 3m in diagonal). I tried both pairs and once wet, they both seem fine...
I'm worried about the avanti quattro, because they might be fine for 2 minutes, but hurt after a 60min dive.
The RK3s however feel fine, I tried to kick as hard as I could, it was literally impossible to lose them!

Still annoyed though because I like the quattros, they're lighter for travelling and they're more versatile (you can snorkel with them, I don't think you can snorkel with the RK3s). But they might hurt more.
And of course I have a buyer for the RK3s (at a higher price than what I paid for)!!

Maybe after 4 or 5 transactions I might get the right fins haha! All that to save 80 dollars from the shop... Oh well :)

Back
Top Bottom