Fins for Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

When we first started going to Coz, we had split fins and had a hard time negotiating current. We asked the dive master how we could improve, and she said " get some real fins ". Wife got the Quattros and I got Jet fins.All better now.

I have been thinking of changing my fins so I can just use carry on baggage does any one have any advice of a full foot fin that is short less than 21" that is suitable for the occasion swim against the cozumel currents.

P's I am currently using booties and the aqua lung sling shots

Cheers andy

Don't go to the dark side!!!

HOT SHOTS
hotshot.jpg

http://www.leisurepro.com/p-udrfhs/aqualung-hotshot-open-heel-fins

I have hollis f1's for my cold water diving, and have been using hollis f2's for tropical diving. I will go with them in coz. My wife will just go with the flow of the dive so i guess her old SP splits will do fine then. Thanks for the replies.
I also use the F1s for cold, and the F2 fins for warm, and they both work well in those environments. Like others have said, enjoy the ride! Your F2s will work just fine.

I have been thinking of changing my fins so I can just use carry on baggage does any one have any advice of a full foot fin that is short less than 21" that is suitable for the occasion swim against the cozumel currents.

P's I am currently using booties and the aqua lung sling shots

Cheers andy

Mares Avanti or Quatro. That is based on 25 years of Cozumel

Ever used a slingshot or hotshot?

Probably, after thousands of dives here it is hard to remember. But I do well remember those things that work well. But that is only true for here and warm water with decent ladders…but if you swim long enough you will notice the difference. Watch your dive guides!

dave

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom