Fins for Cozumel

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I am currently on Roatan and stopped by the Mares shop here and they have a pare of Quattro's FF for $89. Am I missing something? This is much cheaper than I could get on line. I don't have luggage that they would fit in but I could figure something out.

That's exactly the place I got my full foot avantis for about the same price 10 years ago. I love those fins, still use them for recreational diving whenever I don't need to wear booties.

Joe I was on same boat with you guys when we tried to go around the south end but it was too rough, the next day at eagle ray wall. There is no need for these fins here in Roatan but I might pick them up before leaving, I just don't have baggage they will fit in.

Steve
Oh, Hey Steve! Now I remember. Your a trooper as it was, well, ummm, we aborted when the captain said the seas where three times the height of the boat. We all got wet, but I think you got the brunt of it from where you where sitting. Sorry about that, Sallye and I were thinking dinner, by going around and bagging a few nice Lion Fish at Rasta's. We were with the Brit named Colin and he was from the Isle of Man. I remember now. I remember we were getting really wet, as we rounded the corner,and you still had a smile on your face! I think you put your mask on above water at one point? Dives after the aborted Rasta dive went well though. I dream of Eagle Ray's. We saw a few even though it was late in the season for that.
Can you wear the fins on the plane? Just kidding but at that price I'd try and figure a way. Good to hear from you!

I flew Delta on my last trip and bungied my Avanti Quatro open heel fins to my carryon. I didn't have any problem, but I was worried about getting it on to the plane. I figured I could always detach them and slip them under the seat in front of me if I had to. Of course, then they would have invaded the leg room of the seat next to me.

I am sadly disappointed that this thread did not explode into a split fins battle royal :rant: :laughrant: :poke: :stirpot: :gas:.

2 thumbs down lol! :eyebrow:

I am sadly disappointed that this thread did not explode into a split fins battle royal :rant: :laughrant: :poke: :stirpot: :gas:.

2 thumbs down lol! :eyebrow:

I like my open heal split fins for shore diving, but I am an open water flutter kicker. :outtahere:

It would probably not be much of a battle since scubaboard is ruled by frog kickers with stiff paddle fins.

I think her current fins will be just fine for Coz. Heck, it's very seldom I even have to fin when drifting in that current. Many times I just cross my feet and float along. If you have to fight back against the current, drop to the bottom and use a snorkel (stick it in the sand) to pull yourself along while you fin. When you're at the bottom you don't have current blowing over the top and bottom of your body. I stick a snorkel inside my BC for that purpose.

Exactly......fight the current and you will be on the boat in no time lol. Just go with the flow!

This is my new fin:

6%A1i-vây-b%C6%A1i-chân-flipper-l%E1%BA%B7n-Monofin-nàng-tiên-cá.jpg

Who uses cattle boats lol? Back roll like a boss! :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom