Fins that'll fit in my bag

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I bought Aeris Accel fins and wasn't completely thrilled with them until I threw away the cheap straps and replaced them with Scubapro Seawing Nova bungees. Perfect fit and now they seem to be my "go to" fins.

cb5150, out of curiosity, what type of booties do you wear with them?

If you decide to get the Aeris Accels, Leisure Pro has them for half off (49.99) if you place the order by phone. You have to pay shipping ($8 for me) whereas you would get free shipping from their website, but considering the savings on the fins I was fine with paying shipping. It seems to be an ongoing deal as people on the forum have reported getting this price for the last few months.

Thank you for the tip. I called them up and he asked for the coupon code; there was not one :) That price is in-store or phone-call price.

Does anyone know if Mares bungee straps will fit on Aeris Accel fins? I have Mares fins but want something smaller and after reading the thread I'm tempted to grab a pair of these nice and cheap.

A real diver would not buy fins small enough to fit his bag. He/she would buy a bag big enough to hold his fins :D

Just a suggestion.

Add +2 votes for Aeris Accel.
Wifey and I just did 30 dives in Bonaire with our new Aeris Accel and they are light years better than our Tusa Z2s. Lighter, smaller, cheaper, and they swim better, too. Especially in light current. The thin (cheap) rubber strap is perfect and there's no need for anything more complicated. Bonus: they fit in our carryons, so combined with our Zeagle Express Tech travel BCDs, we don't need to check bags an

Just want to add another vote for Aeris Accel fins. The best feature for me is how lightweight they are compared to my old Gull XXX.
It may not give me a strong propulsion push, but it was good enough for mild to medium current.
I love my Gull fins, but it was made of heavy rubbers that keep dragging my feet down.

I am willing to pay extra if they can make it in colors. It is a bit harder to spot me now in grey fins :)

Another vote for Accels. Normally I use OMS Slipstreams which are also made of monoprene and are basically neutral but when I switched to my new drysuit I had to go one size up for fins and the OMS Slipstreams weren't in-stock.

Oceanic (Aeris) Accels work pretty. They have decent amount of power and work well for frogkicks and back kicks.

I would definitely give an edge to the OMS Slipstreams on propulsion but the Accels aren't too far behind at all.

Does anyone know if Mares bungee straps will fit on Aeris Accel fins? I have Mares fins but want something smaller and after reading the thread I'm tempted to grab a pair of these nice and cheap.

I fitted my Aeris Accel with Mares Bungee straps, they work very well.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom