First DPV - Your recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

As far as I'm concerned all the current tow motors are just knockoffs of the Farallon. They just have better batterys and are lighter.

I guess they all have prop's so you could call them copies. kind of a stupid statment. Would you agree all cars are JUST copies of Fords 1896 Quadracycle?

Farallon President:

Recipient Profile - Rudi Asseer - Forty Under 40

Additionally, IANTD was sold to Farallon, then sold back to IANTD in 2005.

Harvard Extension: As the UniversityÃÔ primary resource for continuing education, we bring Harvard academics to the public through evening and online courses, and part-time programs. We are open to students with a variety of backgrounds and goals, with no formal requirements beyond a commitment to an academic challenge.
I liked this part:
In his first three months at the helm of Farallon, a world leader in diver propulsion vehicles and other underwater solutions, Rudi tripled the companyÃÔ sales.
Does this mean he sold 3 scooters?

I guess they all have prop's so you could call them copies. kind of a stupid statment. Would you agree all cars are JUST copies of Fords 1896 Quadracycle?

Lets see A tube with a prop that tows you through the water.

Yeah I'd say tow motors are just knockoffs of the Farallon idea.

As far as cars go well I'd say anything with 4 tires and an engine that's controlled by a human is just another version of the original idea.

So I guess I'd agree.

Regarding "stupid", There's an "e" after the "t" in statement sport.

Lets see A tube with a prop that tows you through the water.

Yeah I'd say tow motors are just knockoffs of the Farallon idea.

As far as cars go well I'd say anything with 4 tires and an engine that's controlled by a human is just another version of the original idea.

So I guess I'd agree.

Regarding "stupid", There's an "e" after the "t" in statement sport.

Thanks for the clarification, It must be hard for you to get excited about anything with that attitude.

I liked this part:Does this mean he sold 3 scooters?

LOL!!!:rofl3:

Cheers,

X

p.s. I'd also like to add that I have an X scooter and the difference between it and a Farallon is the equivalent of a early Boneshaker bike and a aerodynamically designed race bicycle. Both do the same thing, but one has evolved to the point of near perfection. In fact, the X scooter is the scooter which has caused a paradigm shift in the niche of scuba propulsion.

Last edited:
Hi,
Yes there are a lot of extremely good DPV's on the market that cost a LOT more than the NEW model SeaDoo's and yes these other models do perform better than the new SeaDoo! With that said I still LIKE the new Seadoo because it is still actually affordable, especially when buying two of them, and they are still light enough to ship & still have a lot of fun with. The new batteries last longer & charge quicker & you can actually get them repaired if you are not a technical person. The newer one has a 3rd speed and if you are doing recreational diving, they seem to work for me and my dive buddy!! (WIFE ALSO!)

Ben, I have been a participant on this site for a very long time under different names, genders etc and you are the first person to call me stupid and accuse me of having an attitude.

So I have it straight does that mean any opinion here contrary to yours is stupid?

The only attitude here is yours as far as I can tell. I'll bet in your world you snicker at the other divers because they don't know what you know. I also bet we have met before. I am sure you are always the loudest guy in the room so everyone can enjoy your opinion.

That always makes for fun two way conversation.

Ben, I have been a participant on this site for a very long time under different names, genders etc and you are the first person to call me stupid and accuse me of having an attitude.

So I have it straight does that mean any opinion here contrary to yours is stupid?

The only attitude here is yours as far as I can tell. I'll bet in your world you snicker at the other divers because they don't know what you know. I also bet we have met before. I am sure you are always the loudest guy in the room so everyone can enjoy your opinion.

That always makes for fun two way conversation.

So you're saying you're a sock puppet... I think that's kinda stupid

At least Ben uses his real name.

Bill, since I see you're affiliated with Stidd, this may have colored your posts.

I know Ben McGeever personally, and anyone who knows him wouldn't describe him as you have. He certainly doesn't have a superior attitude (if anything, he's humble to a fault); I have seen him spend hours helping others learn about scooters just to make them better divers; and he's actually the quiet one in a room. Ben is one of the few genuine class acts in the diving industry.

All the best, James

Again with the stupid thing.

Is ca your real last name?

Are you really Ben? How do we know?

How do you know Silent Option isn't my real name?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom