First Ocean Dive and its Bonaire

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We have to plan better next year, it would be great to see old and new friends. By the way, June is coming to visit in a few weeks. It will be good to see her again.

Here a few photos to make the PBD flare up.

Damselfish:
The bugs in both Bonaire and Curacao seem to be seasonal - usually doesn't seem buggy but when they're out they're really out. I'm not sure of the times but I'm guessing it corresponds to rain somehow.

I think you're right! When I was there 4 - 11 february this year, it was raining really hard every morning! The locals said it wasn't normal, the way it rained. (It did make the island beautifully green in 1-2 days).

Greetz,

Pau.

I agree! I saw your photos over at BT... NICE!! Love those seahorse pics! Hope I can find some!
(gotta stop thinking about this place..driving me nuts,cant wait to go!)

Here's some of my pics from last february.
Loved the seahorses too!
There were 2 brown ones at my nightdive, at the Townpier, and the Yellow one is always somewhere on "Front Porch", the site in front of Wannadive.

A collegue and I are leaving for Bonaire on april 18th for ten days of non stop diving and we have a lot of expectations

Heard about the petty crime and the fabulous dives...
Heard of everything about Bonaire and else...
Not used to shore diving so I'm a little worried about it.

I can't stand the wait and expect a lot. Hope everything will go smoothly cose my girlfriend wants to go on our next vacation together.

I'll be back before you leave so i'll try to tell you all about it ASAP.

Danny-Diver:
Not used to shore diving so I'm a little worried about it.

It was the same for me in february, but I have to say Bonaire is the most relax diving I've ever done!
No getting lost, you can take all the time you want, no big groups with people you really don't want to dive with...

Just bring boots and have fun!

Im reading every post here on scuba board about bonaire, cause i may being going there july 3rd to the 10th, one Q i have, is i read alot about shore diving, is there any other kinda diving other then shore diving? I dive mostley wrecks, caves, etc, more on the tech side, but im not looking to dive tech, just want to dive differnt wrecks, at rec limits, is there anything more then shore diving there to do? thanks :)

You hear about Bonaire shore diving a lot because that's one of Bonaire's big claims to fame, lots of shore diving that's easy to get to. But if you're looking for different wrecks you'll be disappointed, there's the Hilma Hooker (which you can also dive from shore) and that's pretty much it for rec wrecks.

Pauline:
Here's some of my pics from last february.
Loved the seahorses too!
There were 2 brown ones at my nightdive, at the Townpier, and the Yellow one is always somewhere on "Front Porch", the site in front of Wannadive.

there are also a couple sea horses that hang around Oilslick. :) Ive seen two brown and a yellow there two years in a row.

-Moon

::grins:: Bonaire is laid bac, easy going lazy diving. No schedules, no boats necessary. You're always within sight of shore.

You can do boat dives, but unless youre diving off Klein Bonaire theres usually no need for the added expense and hassle.

But yeah, if youre lok for wrecks the Helma Hooker is about it. There's another wreck, the Windjammer, but it's at 170 feet.

On the upside... the reason most people dive wrecks is because they provide artifical reefs and attract sea life. The reefs in Bonaire are gorgeous, so need for the wrecks to see life.

Have fun if you go. :)

-Moon

Back
Top Bottom