First time diving in Grand Cayman!!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Back in the early to mid 90's, all those were great dives(except for USS Kittiwake---never heard of that one till now)...We as a family of 5--wife & I & our 3 diving kids--used to dive Eden's Rock/DG as an afternoon shore dive A BUNCH...That & Bonnie's Arch were our favorite GC dives---ooops must not forget the North Wall......Hopefully things are as good today as back then......

In July the Silversides will be in Devil's Grotto. It turns that dive from an average swim-thru dive to one of the best on Cayman.

Thanks diversteve! We will be there in July. This is totally ON THE LIST!

Off The Wall Divers would love to have you onboard with us! We work on a first-come/first-serve basis, so the sooner we can chat, the better opportunity we have do get you a couple of shallow dives.

Will the diving in GC and LC good between May and June ? I heard its hurricane season between June thru October. Or should i dive in Playa del Carmen and Cozumel during those months?

I would check and see if Ocean Frontiers is doing their three tank, all day thing. You do a deep wall (Babylon, if conditions permit), SRC and another dive. You'll also have lunch at Kaibo. Makes for a nice day of diving.

Ocean Frontiers 3 dive safari is a seasonal summer trip and does not include Stingray City. They have separate trips, as do just about everyone.

I can not speak highly enough about Tom at Off The Wall. You won't regret it.

I'm booked for Playa del Carmen & Cozumel in Mar 2015 and June 2015 for Grand Cayman & LC!
We r staying at the Mayan in Playa del Carmen and Morritts in Grand Cayman. I believe I might be using Tortuga Divers in GC but not sure about PDC. Any suggestions, I'm looking into Playa Scuba since they offer PDC, Cenotes, and Cozumel. The Abyss doesn't offer Cozumel?

Ocean Frontiers trumps Tortuga Divers if you are staying at the East End on GC.
Tortuga is OK but OF is an outstanding operation in terms of boats, schedule, service, DMs and dive group size. If you have the opportunity to switch it up, worth doing.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom