First time Dry suit buyer needs help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I got a used ANdy's for $500...

I also just picked up an Atlan suit real cheap as well. Not to mention I have a NEW signature series DUI clx-450 in my closet...

LUBOLD8431:
I also just picked up an Atlan suit real cheap as well. Not to mention I have a NEW signature series DUI clx-450 in my closet...

I can see the point of a backup suit, but three? WTF do you need three for?!

Genesis:
... WTF do you need three for?!
Hey, too much dive gear? I don't think so. :wink:

One of my cohorts loves his CF200s, he's got probably a half dozen.
His excuse is that he likes to start the day off in a suit that's completely dry & it takes those critters a week to dry sometimes.

By the way; here's an article on "13 drysuits under $1000": http://www.scubadiving.com/article/0,7424,2-35-64-178,00.html

found this, thought id try it out. cant beat it for about $65.00

Vintage Henderson neoprene drysuit. There is no label in the suit indicating the size. I would say it is a medium. The suit fits me snuggly and I am 5'11" and weigh 165lb. I took a few measurments (these are as close as I could get with a tape measure): inseam 30", waste 40", armpit to wrist 19", shoulder to crotch 33". It has a shoulder zipper entry and attached hood. The inflation and dump valves are on the chest. The condition of the suit is excellent. There is no corrosion on the zipper or the valves, there are no obvious holes, just a few marks on the knee pads. I have never used this suit, it was given to me by a friend that started diving back in the early 80s and only dove a couple of years. please email me with questions.

84_1.JPG

I would pass. One word that scares me: vintage. And, it says its from the 80's. That suit is way old. It will probably fall apart the first few times you dive it. Neoprene does have a shelf life. IMO, its not worth wasting $65 on. But, its your money, you decide. It is real cheap...

Genesis:

Well, I dont NEED three. But, I said why not? I really dont want to dive wet anymore, and this kinda assures that. I had a scary experience one time that I had one suit getting boots replaced, and my other suit was lent to a friend. So, now, I have a backup to my backup. I dont know, call it paranoia, or what ever... I think you are just jealous. However, you dont live in MA where we dive dry all year round up here...

BTW, the Atlan was a steal ($250) so I couldnt pass it up!!!

Genesis:

What if you dive four or five times a week? It's nice to wash them out and give 'em a chance to dry out between uses.
And you know when one suit gets sent out for repairs, that's the time the back up suit has a neck seal tear open...

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom