First time in Honduras

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

:blush: Yep, forgot about that!!! Thanks for reminding me as I head out to Bonaire!!!

I looked up American Express and this is what they had to say...

Why was I charged more than the rate of exchange when I made an international charge?

There is a conversion surcharge of 2.7% (2.5% on Corporate Card products) applied to international charges. Be aware that in converting such a charge, we use the exchange rate of the day it is processed, not the day when it is incurred.

I looked up Band of America and I would need to call them to understand what is what... and again flareside, thanks for reminding me as well...

lee

CoCo View is about as relaxed and easy as diving gets. We're making our 4th trip next month. Night dives to the Prince Albert are a must do and, if you're into it, the Waihuka shark dive is a fun experience. If you do the shark dive, arrange to do it from CoCo View's boat. Waihuka's panga boats suck canal water. You can also bus over to Anthony's Key and do a dolphin dive, but it will take up most of your day. On shore you can ride the zip line. But the best part is just hanging around enjoying the relaxed pace. Who needs a cell phone on a dive trip anyway?

Dry Heat Diver,

Thanks for the suggestions! I don't need the cell phone, but the one I left behind at home needs to hear from me:)

:blush: Yep, forgot about that!!! Thanks for reminding me as I head out to Bonaire!!!

I looked up American Express and this is what they had to say...

I looked up Band of America and I would need to call them to understand what is what... and again flareside, thanks for reminding me as well...

lee
Capitol One does not have a conversion charge. There might be other banks that don't so I would contact your CC and find out before using them.

Capitol One does not have a conversion charge. There might be other banks that don't so I would contact your CC and find out before using them.

Even if your credit card doesn't charge you, you will still have a 4% charge added to your actual bill for using credit cards (which goes to the Honduran banks). Since my card doesn't charge me, I didn't bring all that much cash with me last week. I got hit by the 4% surcharge PLUS since my card is a newer one and the numbers aren't raised up very high, they weren't able to get it to swipe in the old-style "imprint your card" machine (which is used when charging tips). So I had to use a different card, which charges me 3%. So I really wish I had brought a couple hundred dollars extra cash!!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom