First time photographer photos at Anacapa

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Hey Billy,
You lucky SOB I can't believe how many people have been seeing the GSB's & I haven't seen one yet and I was out for 3 days at Anacapa & Santa Cruz. By the way nice pictures keep up the good work. Are you going to Malaga this Sun. ?

Happy Diving
John

Looks like you had a good time and got some good shots!

I really like the big anemone and the nudi(?) on your glove.

(Hi Susan!! Hows the camera doing???)

To answer one of your questions a fish ID book I was reading last light said that spots on GSB are a juvenile characteristic.

Jim

Hi Billy.
I just learned from your other thread that you're an experienced photog - sorry about the tone of my post, didn't mean to talk down. I hate it when people do that! (Bad self! Bad self! :)

Hi Leesa! Looooooove the camera. I'm gettin all the kinks worked out, and it's such a dream, I just love diving with it. Hurry up and house yours, it's worth it!

S

Taxgeek:
Hi Billy.
I just learned from your other thread that you're an experienced photog - sorry about the tone of my post, didn't mean to talk down. I hate it when people do that! (Bad self! Bad self! :)

Susan I think you're crazy :D If anything you're helping me.

Thanks to everyone for the compliments, words of encouragement, and advice. I hope to be bringing you inspiring and artistic pictures in the future.

And Lisa I think that the Navanax is considered a nudi, I know it eats them. I also took pics of 2 huge ones, about 6" long, mating but the pic had a lot of motion blur. I need to get some lights!

John, I think the BSB are attracted to my smell, they have to be because I'm never that lucky! It was truly a remarkable day.

Now who's up for a Sunfish trip!!!!

Billy

Sun-Fish. Sun-Fish. Sun-Fish!!!!!

I just got the two Behrens nudibranch books. So I have the Navanax answer - sorta - they're not technically nudibranchs. They are really closely related though. I forget the classifications exactly, but there are basically Nudis, which include Dorids (have one plume of gills near their tail - like sea lemons), Aeolids (long mane of gills - like spanish shawls and Hermissendas), and Dendroniteds (?) (which have branched gills, like tritonia festiva), along with Sea Hares and Sap Suckers (wierd little things). Those five are technically the nudibranchs I think. Then there are two other closely related classes/groups/whatever, one of which is Navanaxes, and one of which is something else. I think. I could have gotten that all mixed up though, and maybe the Navanaxes are nudis and the Sap Suckers aren't? Anyway, those are good books if you like Nudis. :)

Hey Billy, does your coolpix shoot video? Video works really really well with light cannons! (And light cannons are close to daylight so the color balance comes out better.)

Susan

I'm jealous as hell, dude!!! We'll have to go diving soon... now that I got my certification!!!
-Nico

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom