First USA trip and Point Lobos

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

David Novo

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I am travelling for the first time to the USA next September and will be doing a road trip in California.

As I will be around Monterey at some point, I would like to dive Point Lobos (on a Monday). Any dive shops that take divers there?

You’ll need a specific date because reservations are required in advance, went there last week on a Wednesday and got the last spot. Check with Aquarius on Del Monte.
IMG_3723.jpeg
IMG_3722.jpeg
IMG_3726.jpeg
IMG_3707.jpeg
IMG_3701.jpeg

Aquarius is saying they don't go there...
There was a guy who would launch a zodiac there, don’t remember his name.
the issue for most shops is limit to 10 two person teams per day, for a third person it’s two team spots etc.

depending on the dates there can be some other good options but Lobos takes some planing.

I only know of one person who has the state required permit to lead dives at Lobos, you can contact him here.

Phil Sammet might have the permit too but you’d need to contact him and ask.

I only know of one person who has the state required permit to lead dives at Lobos, you can contact him here.

Phil Sammet might have the permit too but you’d need to contact him and ask.
That’s who I was thinking of.

What level of diver are you? Better spots at lobos require scooters and doubles, best spot require scooters, Trimix, and deco

Back
Top Bottom