First wreck dive

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

DEEPLOU:
If MA gets the same type of weather they are forcasting for LI (NY) you are not going anywhere on sunday (except out for breakfast)

That's why God made lakes.

I'm sorry to say it does not look like the dive will happen tomorrow. Marine Forecast for CP area is seas 6-9'.

I was out in SNL today and we already had swells up to 6' but they were rounded.

--Matt

DEEPLOU:
If MA gets the same type of weather they are forcasting for LI (NY) you are not going anywhere on sunday (except out for breakfast)

MONDAY MORNING:
Around here the forcast didn't seem to change, but the weather never seemed to develope.

Most boats around my area cancelled Saturday on Friday afternoon. The boat I was scheduled on held off any decision till the morning. Got to the boat, there was no wind. Got to the inlet there were only swells. Got to the wreck and there was only slight current, and fair amount of bugs. Trip back in was also nice, swells but no wind chop. Only thing was the inlet was little nasty. Outgoing end of low tide w/ the sea swells made for some white water across the inlet.

Sunday all the boats cancelled, but I didn't see any wind when i got up.

Saturday was a 2' swell that was manageable.. The weather was otherwise beautiful. Sunday was 3' + and much closer together. With my 24' boat I wasn't going to chance it. The weather was just drizzly and overcast. Virtually no wind here just north of Boston.

MAybe next weekend.

Back
Top Bottom