Fitting/adjusting a new BP/W

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

W/ an STA (at least the halcyon one) thats gonna happen cause the straps are so far apart. Make sure your reg is positioned so it "points" down too. A lil tightning of the crotch strap works well too.

Oh yeah how can you dive the Eclipse w/o an STA???

WaterDawg:
W/ an STA (at least the halcyon one) thats gonna happen cause the straps are so far apart. Make sure your reg is positioned so it "points" down too. A lil tightning of the crotch strap works well too.

Oh yeah how can you dive the Eclipse w/o an STA???

You can't. At least not without a serious mod of somekind.

lal7176:
Kinda curious.....did you cut slots in the wing for the cam bands to go through since the eclipse has no provisions for cam straps to go through the wing? Does the tank shift on the BP spine at all with no type of STA?

As far as loosening the straps i agree with everyone else. It will produce the desired effect on land but will probably feel sloppy and shifty underwater.

Never a problem. Doesn't budge a hair. The built-in STA does its job perfectly. Wet the bands, cinch 'em tight, never a problem. If others report tank slippage, I don't get it. Mine is fine.

To assure I rig up in the same place on the waterheater everytime, I used a paint pen to make a couple of horizontal lines on the can. Set up is a breeze.

Cali is spot on: I use a DIN - and after a week in Mexico and a long weekend in FL in August, diving wif a (j)Yoke and the ubiquitrous AL80, its good to get back to a real set-up and let my sore dome heal for a bit!

K

Uhh.. I think Mo2vation has a Pioneer, not an Eclipse as he stated.

That also makes sense about the bands being several inches down.. with an STA, the bands are normally centered at the bolts, which are much farther apart (and hence sit higher on the tank) than the straps for the integrated STA.

Not real sure to tell you about your tank location.
I've never had that problem.
One thing though on fitting and adjusting...spend a little time tweaking your D rings so they fit you just right.
Just a simple 1/2-3/4" tweak can make all the differance in the world for an easy bolt snap connection.

Mines a YOKE and that may be the source of my "headache", I can deal with it if I have to. It's got a ScubaPro Mk16 attached... not exactly the lowest profile, but not THAT big.
I'm not ready to switch to DIN yet, as I'd have to switch all my deco/stage regs as well to maintain interchangeability ... and when I rent bigger tanks for some dives, they come with YOKE valves of course.

And the more I think about it, if I loosened the shoulders, the only way to keep it in place underwater would be to tighten up the crotch strap ... and as I understand it, that's not right.

Anyway, I'll work with it some more next chance I get. Even having to "watch" my head, it's a lot more comfortable than the GlidePlus I've hung in the closet.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom