flights from Cancun to Cozumel?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Cvchief, that is precisely why there is competition among Airlines. You want to pick your own seat and have it waiting for you? You want the option of paying an extra $800 RT for a First Class seat and all the Champagne you can drink on the way down to Cozumel? Then fly American, or Delta, or United -- they all offer that option. You want the cheapest way to get from point A to point B? Then fly SW, or AirTran, or Jet Blue. DSFDF. Everyone has different preferences and different price points for what they want. Me, if it saves me $150 on a round trip, I'll stand in line on my head at the Airport, wear a Cow Bell if I have to, and cram myself into the overhead.

Cvchief, that is precisely why there is competition among Airlines. You want to pick your own seat and have it waiting for you? You want the option of paying an extra $800 RT for a First Class seat and all the Champagne you can drink on the way down to Cozumel? Then fly American, or Delta, or United -- they all offer that option. You want the cheapest way to get from point A to point B? Then fly SW, or AirTran, or Jet Blue. DSFDF. Everyone has different preferences and different price points for what they want. Me, if it saves me $150 on a round trip, I'll stand in line on my head at the Airport, wear a Cow Bell if I have to, and cram myself into the overhead.

Cool, so my airtran is the cheapest way? I WANT to keep choosing it... :) While I am not first class in the wallet, I prefer to avoid steerage if possible. I am beginning to think I faux pas-ed. You don't happen to work for SW? *nervous laugh*

And now $150 a round trip for the same direct WAS to CUN maybe I would try this crazy thing. That is alot of margaritas. I am just worried I will pay the same price and loose my airtran, seat picking, no free bags, Biscoff, airline that I love. (currently. I can be fickle.) And those SW people are just so happy. Makes me nervous.

I will try to watch a SW plane board in Feb on the way to carnival.

No, I don't work for Southwest, though I am a shareholder - bought a bunch of its stock when it was trading at about $8 a share. Sorry, no, you won't be able to continue picking your seat on AirTran come October - When it is fully integrated into SW, it'll move to the SW model. So you'll have to decide just how important picking your seat is to you - is it important enough so that you'll forego the cheapest fare, and pay the extra to fly on AA or United or Delta. But you will still have the choice.

Thanks God GOES interview locations came to Denver! TSA pre-screen and Global entry here we come! Hallelujah, I can keep my shoes and coat on and leave the lap top in the bag and walk through security in 90 seconds. Another small victory in the fight to feel a little bit more human in our inhumane process of air travel.

Now all we need to do is get Frontier, with their direct flights to Cozumel, to participate. Couldn't use the TSA pre-screen on my way down last week because the airline doesn't send your info to the TSA. At least this is what TSA told me on the A gate bridge at the Denver airport last Saturday :(

No, I don't work for Southwest, though I am a shareholder - bought a bunch of its stock when it was trading at about $8 a share. Sorry, no, you won't be able to continue picking your seat on AirTran come October - When it is fully integrated into SW, it'll move to the SW model. So you'll have to decide just how important picking your seat is to you - is it important enough so that you'll forego the cheapest fare, and pay the extra to fly on AA or United or Delta. But you will still have the choice.

Well, I will have to check, but I think then my only choice might be United. Or maybe an odd ball like Spirit or Blue? I think Spirit might run a non stop outta Reagan. Eww....

SW probably doesn't have the dang Biscoffs either.. :(

I still haven't got a prescreen line. I thought sooner or later my trusted traveler would get me a quicky line

The only airlines I see going nonstop from LAX-CUN are United, Delta, and Virgin.
Booked on Delta as they had the best times for us.
Wish there were some more nonstop options from LAX.
Last trip we were somehow TSA prescreened, don't know why.

Short story: We have only been on SW one time. It was the first flight out of LAX-Sacramento after the airport re-opened post 911.
All the TV cameras were focused on us and we were only maybe 10 people on plane.
We were given the super VIP treatment, CVchief would have loved it.

Cvchief, that is precisely why there is competition among Airlines. You want to pick your own seat and have it waiting for you? You want the option of paying an extra $800 RT for a First Class seat and all the Champagne you can drink on the way down to Cozumel? Then fly American, or Delta, or United -- they all offer that option. You want the cheapest way to get from point A to point B? Then fly SW, or AirTran, or Jet Blue. DSFDF. Everyone has different preferences and different price points for what they want.

You had me right up until
Me, if it saves me $150 on a round trip, I'll stand in line on my head at the Airport, wear a Cow Bell if I have to, and cram myself into the overhead

---------- Post added February 1st, 2014 at 10:20 AM ----------

I will try to watch a SW plane board in Feb on the way to carnival.

Well, they will sing a song for you sometimes on the flight if that helps...

---------- Post added February 1st, 2014 at 10:24 AM ----------

Now all we need to do is get Frontier, with their direct flights to Cozumel, to participate. Couldn't use the TSA pre-screen on my way down last week because the airline doesn't send your info to the TSA. At least this is what TSA told me on the A gate bridge at the Denver airport last Saturday :(

Frontier is the last airline at DIA that isn't signed up with the program. SW signed up last month.

Direct quote from Frontier in Sept
we are transitioning our business model and many of our policies. TSA Precheck is something that we may be able to offer sometime in the future. At this time our focus is on completing our transition to a an Ultra Low Cost Carrier.

So once again, I guess another example of that wonderful SW effect showing itself and how lowest price doesn't necessarily translate to best value, nor best consumer experience.

---------- Post added February 1st, 2014 at 10:31 AM ----------

Last trip we were somehow TSA prescreened, don't know why.

If you fly enough, sooner or later you will randomly get a pres-creen opportunity. It can randomly show up on your ticket, but it's rare and the chances only improve with your amount of flying you do.

I had mentioned to my wife about the GOES program off and on for about 2 years, at that time they didn't offer the interview here in Denver so we would have to fly to Houston to do it, so it never happened. Last year she got a pre-screen show up on her ticket (mine did not) we were going through Atlanta and she got to experience the pre-screen while I trudge through regular security, she went through in about 60 seconds, never having to take off shoes or coat or pull her lap top, nothing, then she went over and had a refreshment while I spent the next 10 minutes getting x-rayed and anal cavity searched. She loved the pre-screen, when I reminded her that, the pre-screen is part of GOES she was sold and it was now official that we were getting GOES one way or another! Luckily shortly there after they expanded the GOES program and Denver got an interview location.

all the Champagne you can drink on the way down to Cozumel? Then fly American, or Delta, or United -- they all offer that option.

Meh. American ran out of champagne in First class on each of my recent flights. I refuse to accept personal responsibility for this.

Cvchief, that is precisely why there is competition among Airlines. You want to pick your own seat and have it waiting for you? You want the option of paying an extra $800 RT for a First Class seat and all the Champagne you can drink on the way down to Cozumel? Then fly American, or Delta, or United -- they all offer that option.
Really? AFAIK, United does not offer the "option" of all the Champagne you can drink on the way down to Cozumel, or at least it hasn't on my last six flights I've flown there over the past ten years. White wine, yes. Red wine, yes. Beer and spirits, yes. But Champagne (or any sparkling wine) only on long haul international flights beyond Canada, the Caribbean, and Mexico, and on select other flights (like maybe transcons and Hawaii, but it's been awhile).

(As for your other assertions, I believe Delta is the same: it's the difference between "first class" for local flights and "business elite" on long hauls. And while American apparently serves prosecco on its transcons and Hawaii flights, I'm guessing it doesn't on the flights to Cozumel.)

Oh! Airtran finally has the non-stop up for July. Thank goodness. Maybe two more trips before the 'Gung Ho' Mao lines..... :)

And I can solve this loading issue: Wire up the seat belts. 10 shortest times from boarding scan to seatbelt lock get a $100 voucher?

And United looks close in price to airtran. Have to bail on BWI for IAD, I guess eventually. Poo.....

Back
Top Bottom