Flights to Coz

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

We picked up a Apple Vacations Air only special for 179 each last year that was outstanding. They have since cancelled flights to Coz for some reason and now only fly into Cancun. I HATE the little Miami beach (Cancun) so we are hoping some other deals come up to replace them.

We did talk with a couple who fly down there 4-5 times per year and always take the lowest cost either to Cancun or Cozumel. We routinely have been able to get sub $250 rates to Cancun from here if you are willing to be flexible. From Cancun they take the bus from the airport to Playa Del Carmen and walk down to the Ferry that services Coz. Whole trip takes a couple hours at best and is under $15-20 to do it. Its hard to beat Coz in overall diving anywhere in Caribbean no matter what anyone says and we will likely be doing this on the 1-2 trips/year that we go down unless we can find cheaper flights to Coz. A little more painful but for what we can save in flights...we can pay for our diving.

d56nut:
We just booked US Air from Chicago O'Hare to Cozumel (with a short stop in Charlotte, NC) for our trip on Feb 11 - 18. Cost per person: 546.00.
http://vacationhotline.net
Vacation Hotline is a travel agent here in Chicago... this site is a good, quick way to check Funjet & Apple charter flight costs from Chicago, Milwaukee, St. Louis & Detroit.

Sorry to say this Michelle, If you would leave on Sunday instead of Saturday you could have flown (USAir3000 from Apple) to Coz for about $380 - Non-Stop!!!

Oh yeah.... If you do call there, I would suggest using Felice as your agent. She's a sweetheart. I always book online now but have used her at least 4 times in the past.

Pilot fish,

I'm cost conscious so unless there's a sale to Coz I fly to Cancun. More flights and sales, and most times 200 cheaper. $7 bus, $11 ferry and 2-3 extra hours of travel time I don't mind. Some can't stand that but if your buying 2 or more tickets the savings add up real quick.
I did it in Dec. and the connections were real fast, I was on the pier in Coz 2:05 after getting off the Plane in Cancun.

loudives:
Pilot fish,

I'm cost conscious so unless there's a sale to Coz I fly to Cancun. More flights and sales, and most times 200 cheaper. $7 bus, $11 ferry and 2-3 extra hours of travel time I don't mind. Some can't stand that but if your buying 2 or more tickets the savings add up real quick.
I did it in Dec. and the connections were real fast, I was on the pier in Coz 2:05 after getting off the Plane in Cancun.

I'd like savings too but flying into Cancun and then lugging my gear over in the ferry has little appeal to me. I'm at the stage in my life where less hassels and lugging is more important than a few bucks. I'm even at the stage where I will take a hotel onsite dive op that is marginal rather then lug into town for a better dive op. Vacations are vacations - no labor and hassels :)

pilot fish:
I'd like savings too but flying into Cancun and then lugging my gear over in the ferry has little appeal to me. I'm at the stage in my life where less hassels and lugging is more important than a few bucks. I'm even at the stage where I will take a hotel onsite dive op that is marginal rather then lug into town for a better dive op. Vacations are vacations - no labor and hassels :)

I understand what you mean but little extra hassles like this always seem to lead to adventures and meeting new people. Sometimes this is bad but most of the time this kind of stuff gives you an opportunity to experience things you might not be able to see or experience otherwise. IE: traveling around Europe via car or train rather than flying to each destination. Coz is not Europe but the thinking is the same.

Either way, do what makes you happy!

pilot fish:

You can get a porter for $2 at airport or bus station, and again at pier. Book with a good dive operator on line and they pick you up at hotel if your south of town. (Beats a ho hum 35-40 min. structured dive from on site operator.) Many will keep and rinse your gear the whole time. Nothing like no gear to lug anywhere.

tjmills:
I understand what you mean but little extra hassles like this always seem to lead to adventures and meeting new people. Sometimes this is bad but most of the time this kind of stuff gives you an opportunity to experience things you might not be able to see or experience otherwise. IE: traveling around Europe via car or train rather than flying to each destination. Coz is not Europe but the thinking is the same.

Either way, do what makes you happy!

I admire your spirit of adventure. When I was younger I felt the same way. Now I'm looking for some ease and comfort. I'm all hasseled out :D

loudives:
You can get a porter for $2 at airport or bus station, and again at pier. Book with a good dive operator on line and they pick you up at hotel if your south of town. (Beats a ho hum 35-40 min. structured dive from on site operator.) Many will keep and rinse your gear the whole time. Nothing like no gear to lug anywhere.

I get a ride from the airport and roll my gear to the van. Doorman lugs my gear to the front desk and then porter to the room. I then put ac on and unpack. Still working on a rinse person.

Did I mention a rub down?

pilot fish:
I get a ride from the airport and roll my gear to the van. Doorman lugs my gear to the front desk and then porter to the room. I then put ac on and unpack. Still working on a rinse person.

Did I mention a rub down?

Rub down!!!!! sounds great I think that Cozumel Sally is the place to be.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom