FMM card and Visitax

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Which was another 'grift the gringo' scheme by the state government for which they lack the means to collect and has been ignored by the vast majority of travelers. The airport is under federal jurisdiction so I think they also lack access to even try to enforce it. The airport is a federal cash cow.
I haven't seen a number anywhere in this thread. If Q. Roo found a way to collect this "Visitax", how much would it be?

The state thought that they could hit international visitors for a little more, but if they couldn't get the airlines to collect and remit it, the feds won't allow agents to collect at the airport, then it becomes a bluff at best. It doesn't seem that they have any power to collect it or prevent departure.

The feds have long recognized the income potential of the area and went so far as to finance the first resort on Cancun island which was a coconut plantation with a population of three 50 years ago, and the state would love more of that action but lacks the power to enforce the silly law.

Is the customs form available to be filled online? Or only "in line" at the airport?
The airline should distribute those on the flight in. Be sure you have a pen.

You can download them: Customs

Haven't seen AA pass out any customs forms since last year, may have just been the flights I was on but don't expect them. Last time I went down the station did not have any government distributed forms but were handing out locally photocopied black and white customs forms. If you use the online site it sometimes has problems with the chrome browser but seems to be tailored to the MS Edge browser :)shakehead:). Select airport of entry as Cancun and the terminal of cozumel (Cozumel customs is under the Cancun office).

Haven't seen AA pass out any customs forms since last year, may have just been the flights I was on but don't expect them. Last time I went down the station did not have any government distributed forms but were handing out locally photocopied black and white customs forms. If you use the online site it sometimes has problems with the chrome browser but seems to be tailored to the MS Edge browser :)shakehead:). Select airport of entry as Cancun and the terminal of cozumel (Cozumel customs is under the Cancun office).
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

Both links open in Chrome for me okay.
This one can be completed online, then printed out, but only within three days of arrival. That doesn't work for me as I don't keep a printer at home. On the occasion I do need something printed, I send it to my daughter and she mails it to me, which can take several days.
You can download them: Customs
In that one, you can download blank forms to take with you and fill out on the plane if the airline doesn't distribute them. Filling one out inline at the airport is challenging as there is nothing to lay the form on.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom