FMM card and Visitax

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Both links open in Chrome for me okay.

This one can be completed online, then printed out, but only within three days of arrival. That doesn't work for me as I don't keep a printer at home. On the occasion I do need something printed, I send it to my daughter and she mails it to me, which can take several days.

In that one, you can download blank forms to take with you and fill out on the plane if the airline doesn't distribute them. Filling one out inline at the airport is challenging as there is nothing to lay the form on.
Fair enough.

Filling one out inline at the airport is challenging as there is nothing to lay the form on.

This is why I travel with a little aluminum clipboard in my carry-on.

The most recent time I went through customs in Cozumel, I had a printed customs form I'd filled out online. The agent took it, didn't look at it, and directed me to inspection (without pressing the button). Of course this was the time I was bringing a laptop for my son along with my own, so I got dinged for MXN$1,004 in duty. From here on out I'm filling them out by hand.

American Airlines has passed them out on every flight I've been on (4 this year).

For what it's worth, I just flew home from Cozumel yesterday. I filled out no immigration paperwork (that stub you had to previously keep with your passport for when you leave? Apparently they decided it's too much hassle. They got rid of it. They just enter your passport info in their computer now.) and only filled out the simple customs form (bringing $10k? animals? other odd stuff?) and went right through.

On departure, there was no tax or paperwork beyond what had already been collected by the airline in advance when I bought my airfare.

They just enter your passport info in their computer now.) and only filled out the simple customs form (bringing $10k? animals? other odd stuff?) and went right through.
On which airline did you fly into Coz and did they hand out the customs forms on the plane?

On which airline did you fly into Coz and did they hand out the customs forms on the plane?
We flew AA from DFW. They handed out no forms on the plane, told us that Mexican immigration has done away with the forms.

I filled out nothing in advance -- nothing on the plane, nothing online prior to the trip. When we got to CZM, everyone lined up for immigration first. I just handed over my passport, the officer scanned the passport and asked how long I was staying. He entered the info in his computer, stamped my passport, and sent me through.

I was handed a photocopied customs form by another officer at the baggage claim. Filled out the basic info, checked all the NO boxes, collected my luggage and went through customs (where you press the "no whammies!" button). Customs officer took my form, told me to have a nice trip.

And that was it. Very streamlined.

Worth noting that on checking in for my return flight, the AA agent looked through my passport to find the stamp that the immigration officer put in it. Seems this is all they need now: stamp your passport on the way in, verify it was stamped on your way out.

Thanks to all who provided input before our trip!

Our experience on Southwest was they handed out the Mex custom forms and there was nothing else required coming or going. Pushed the button and got the green light and it was smooth sailing down to the Occidental using a shuttle bus.

On Saturday with AA no forms but I did my customs on line and printed it out before I left home.
The immigration and customs areas have been redone with more lanes added. I didn't check a bag so plane to street was less than 10 minutes.

On Saturday with AA no forms but I did my customs on line and printed it out before I left home.
The immigration and customs areas have been redone with more lanes added. I didn't check a bag so plane to street was less than 10 minutes.
True dat. The slow point in the process of getting from the plane to the street is getting my luggage from the antiquated bag handling system at the CZM airport, and it was that way even when we had the immigration forms to fill out.

Last April when we arrived it was especially true because the dogs apparently found something in the pile of bags outside. A few bags came through and then the conveyor stopped; all except one were claimed and it sat there for maybe 20 minutes. Someone from the airport staff got it and took it somewhere and then there was a police presence. We all stood around for another half hour before the belt started up again.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom