For the most awesome dive experience you'll ever have!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I see. You meant mantequilla then :wink: (and not "montequia")

Sure, I will bring it. And maybe some home made "Tiramisu" :D

Awesome!! One individual member has responded in kind and basically what I had hoped most normal responses would have been like!!! DiveNav you can bring anything, most favored of all is your attitude!! Bring that!! did you see how many "views" and responses this post got? None were of a positive nature. NONE. Except yours. Thank you. And for the record, I've never met you, nor have spoken online with you. You're the kind of people that fill other online dive networking sites. The very ones that will bring interest in new divers wanting to be a part of diving. Sadly I was able to share on this site a girls "first" scuba dive in Catalina Island, by my crappy video qualities. But she was ecstatic. I shared the video here as a link to a webpage, just like this post, and the negative remarks that came from Scuba Board So Cal drove her away. Her response was simple: Scuba diving seems to draw an unusual crowd of negative drama. She decided scuba divers suck because of it. I see a Moderator here has intervened on this site that had no less clear indications as to just invite so cal divers to dive. Still someone here in the last didn't get it. Something about 7 lobsters a day.....Where has the moderator been for the last 4 years of pure harassment I've received from a select few? Who knows, and really who cares? I'm a part of Hardcore Dive Team. You can find the awesome team on Facebook, or our website. Divebuddy has never ever had this type of resentful disrespectful interaction. All I can say is, Net Doc congratulations on having someone in the so cal forums kill your site for you, even if it means 1 account!! They're pushing to hoard the site to themselves. It's not a healthy thing to do in these days. Wookie!! thank you. Please everyone divert yourself to the original post here. And it's response. Very clear of violating Terms of Service. Scuba Board commands much higher respect. I really don't think it matters how many post and pictures one puts here, you still have to know, it's a public forum. Show some manners.

It has been a good thread. It is always useful to find someone who you know you would never never want to dive with.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using Tapatalk

Tursiops nice job.

Actually you CAN'T take 7 a day unless you have no other lobster in your possession (including your freezer). The limit is 7 in possession, not 7 a day.

... I'm eating 7 everyday this year!! I'm bringing all my friends to the hot spots so they can eat 7 every day
too!!...
Of all the many wonderful comments and discussion throughout this absolutely delightful thread, this is probably the most disturbing to me personally. Yesterday I went out with a couple of buddies at Leo Carrillo on a shore dive, not sure what conditions would be like after all the waves here earlier in the week. Visibility was remarkably nice - 15 to 20 feet for much of the dive, with lots to see and plenty of sea life all the way to the outer reef. Toward the outside of the dive area, I picked up a nice looking abalone shell sitting on the bottom (empty of course), and brought it home. It looked like it had been there a long time and was probably uncovered in the sand by all the recent wave action.

Long time So Cal divers talk about how they used to be able to go out and get abalone everywhere, all the time. Now, between overfishing and disease, abalone is a rarity. When lobster season starts, it's like a feeding frenzy where everyone has to go out and get at least the maximum ever dive. When did the ocean turn into an all-you-can-eat buffet that everyone thinks they should gorge themselves on until there's nothing left? We rely on the government to regulate fishing, and we all know what a great job they do regulating anything to protect the environment! Personally, one of the greatest pleasures I get from diving is being surrounded by sea life, and I hope there's some left for the rest of my diving career. I'd like to still be able to see lobster in the ocean 5 years from now

I agree....doesn't 7 lobsters by one person seem excessive? I personally think it should be one or two at the most. That way one person diving every day couldn't make that much of an impact in the lobster population.

By the way I will probably be lobster diving during the day on opening day, so can you guys just leave one out there for me?

Seven bugs a day sounds great!!!

I'll be out there with my tickle stick and my Glock (for the unfriendly great white shark encounter).
Poacher poacher pants on fire. :)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom